Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwegian band called Brighton

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Pretty decent tune, very catchy and shades of Swedish dream-pop in their sound too. It combines two of my favourite things: Brighton and Scandinavian music. What's not to like?

http://jajajamusic.com/2013/10/brighton-run-away-ja-ja-ja-uk-premiere/

and what's more from this picture of them, the bloke second from the left looks like a certain TSLR bigwig.

brighton-617x444.png

Everyone's a winner.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sounds like they ought to be right up my street. If I were not at work, with all of these pesky filters that stop me from looking at anything interesting, I'd be able to find out.

Will report back LATER!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Not forgetting the Barcelona band 'Brighton 64', formed in 1981.

[yt]Q8RcSv5RZAc[/yt]

Translated from Google

Brighton 64 is a Spanish pop-rock, formed in the early 80s in Barcelona, related to the mod movement. The band name is a reference to the legendary battles between mods and rockers that took place in Brighton, in southern England in the summer of 1964.

The core of the group was made up of brothers Gil (Albert on rhythm guitar and Ricky bass and vocals) and drummer Andreu Verdú. Their first album, the maxi -single Barcelona Blues, soul strong influences, was published in 1983 by the label Flor y Nata. It contained the songs " Barcelona Blues" , "JP" , "The street where I fell " and "I do not care ." The relative success of the recording made ​​by Paco Trinidad were recruited from the Twins record, with which in 1985 recorded their first album, Make love. Reached the general public, however , soon after, already contracted by the multinational EMI, thanks to maxi -single The pump house , the anticipation of their second album The problem is age.

The LP did not get, however, sought success. The band changed its name to Brigatones, under which he released a new album. Subsequent change your name again, calling Matamala. Its members also founded the record label Al.leluia Bip Bip Records.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
TLO, why didn't you mention them before? I'm intrigued and given that my gf is from the same place....

cheers for the info. Are there any other bands with Brighton in the title?

Edit - just thought of another and headed by massive Albion fan, Ralph Brown - the Brighton Beachboys

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
[and what's more from this picture of them, the bloke second from the left looks like a certain TSLR bigwig.

I like the tune but did not give birth to that!!!!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If it's any consolation Sean Penn isn't too keen on his Norwegian doppelganger second from right either.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
It's got that anthemic Scandinavian sound - like Of Monsters and Men, or The Kissaway Trail, aligned with some fluid guitar jangle. Not bad at all...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's got that anthemic Scandinavian sound - like Of Monsters and Men, or The Kissaway Trail, aligned with some fluid guitar jangle. Not bad at all...

buzzer knows what music I like. If you like it too, i'm POSITIVE I'm going to enjoy this.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've just asked the band how they got their name - combination of great city and they were playing FIFA and Brighton popped up - they loved the sound of it.

So they're named after the footie club - there you go.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Very much this.

I've just asked the band how they got their name - combination of great city and they were playing FIFA and Brighton popped up - they loved the sound of it.

So they're named after the footie club - there you go.

Cool. Love it

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
A decent band who love the city of Brighton (and Hove). As the people say, what's not to love? Will check out a few more songs...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here