Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
What he means is...its harder to find a loan striker to fit our budget.
Unless we win at Yeovil, we are going to spend the next few weeks looking at the bottom end rather than higher up.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Reminds me of the favourite expression of a legendary boss of mine...'Tell me not what you've done, but what you've achieved'

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
I would rather they find a good one than just bring someone rubbish in as a waste of money to appease the fans with a body.

They shouldn't have 'promised' one or two in the first place.

Give the youngsters experience rather than giving it to a random rubbish premier league cast off.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I would rather they find a good one than just bring someone rubbish in as a waste of money to appease the fans with a body.

Give the youngsters experience rather than giving it to a random rubbish premier league cast off.

Or have got one in much earlier instead of wasting the budget on Agustien and Conway.......

It IS a tough job to get one in now & the story doesn't say anything we don't know. However we have been making this hard for ourselves since about 13 May.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Liam said during his brief speech at the Forest game that he was a couple of weeks away from a return, whilst looking a little sheepish throughout. However the OP says 1 -2 months, where does it say that? Several weeks yes, but not 1 -2 months....
However, on another thread somebody has mentioned their fear that he may never play for us again, I think there may be more truth in this.
I don't know a great deal about Hernia's but this one seems to have taken a long while to mend, and I wonder(speculate only) if there is more to this extended lay-off...

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Beginning to get pee'd of with these type of statements now same old same old.

Sorry but you can not convince me there is not one player who suits our style of play and budget its bull.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Agreed. TB stated at a fans forum last saturday morning that there would definitely be a new striker in place before Yeovil. I know there is still time but when you are faced with Barnes, Barker and Dickinson, I would have thought that all the stops would be pulled out to bring somebody in. There could be another 8 league games without Ulloa and CMS.
Thats a lot of points that might go begging.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Or have got one in much earlier instead of wasting the budget on Agustien and Conway.......

It IS a tough job to get one in now & the story doesn't say anything we don't know. However we have been making this hard for ourselves since about 13 May.

It is early days but Conway does appear to be a poor acquisition.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
So much for all this sh*t

"The Seagulls are content with their work in the summer transfer window and head of football operations David Burke confirmed fans could expect to see quick action in the loan market. He said: “We have always got players lined up and we have got three forwards injured"

Really Mr Burke, time to earn your money and back up your hollow words.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So Tony Bloom comes out and says we are definitely getting a new striker in before Yeovil - a bold statement in itself.

And then Paul Barber says it may not happen a day or so later.

Great :shootself

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Beginning to get pee'd of with these type of statements now same old same old.

Sorry but you can not convince me there is not one player who suits our style of play and budget its bull.

and is half decent and available... still not convinced? i imagine its a diffcult position to fill for a loan, you dont want a space filler like you might be able to get away with else where. you might as well put youth squad or attacking midfielder in to service if thats the case. but anyone decent is unlikly to be available at this point of the season.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
It appears that no one seems to know what is going on.

Yet again poor and contradictory communication from the club. It's becoming embarrassing...

Meanwhile people on here will go on and say how lucky we are to have a lovely stadium, which we are and that's not in question. However, the playing side of things including what's gone on with the coaching side of things is frankly embarrassing.

How can we go from being interested in signing Virgil Van Dijk for £3million in January to not being able to afford a loan striker and yet we sold Dobbie for a healthy amount and bought in someone who looks like a Sunday league pub player from Swansea.

I'm not saying we should be throwing money at players...far from it and I may be looking at things rather simplistically. However, when we are spending a ridiculous amount of cash on things we don't need to like electronic scoreboards(which don't work properly), blue paint for a concourse, new dug out seats, hotels and multi-storey car parks, you then begin realise something is not right.

If we can shell out £55 million on a new development at the stadium and £25 million(I made that figure up as I can't remember the number) on a state of the art training ground, but we cannot afford to pay for a couple of decent loan strikers on a three month loan...To me that sounds like two things...

Either something is very wrong with the way the club is being run

or

Those running the club haven't a scooby doo of what they're doing

How can, in the space of less than 6 months the team and the club go from being one of the most progressively attractive clubs in England to a hotchpotch of badly marketed new stories, dissent amongst players, coaches and fans and to looking like the club is being run by Noddy and Big Ears?

Oh and Financial Fair Play DOES NOT prevent us from paying a decent wage for three months to a couple of decent strikers...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
and is half decent and available... still not convinced? i imagine its a diffcult position to fill for a loan, you dont want a space filler like you might be able to get away with else where. you might as well put youth squad or attacking midfielder in to service if thats the case. but anyone decent is unlikly to be available at this point of the season.

which is why it should have been sorted preseason with 2 out of 4 injured...okay it might be said the problem was garcia being a late appointment...but surely '''striker vacancy'' was obvious...even if just on loan....someone on here said give youth a chance...erm..which one...Barker as a target man? ..cough splutter

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
It appears that no one seems to know what is going on.

Yet again poor and contradictory communication from the club. It's becoming embarrassing...

Meanwhile people on here will go on and say how lucky we are to have a lovely stadium, which we are and that's not in question. However, the playing side of things including what's gone on with the coaching side of things is frankly embarrassing.

How can we go from being interested in signing Virgil Van Dijk for £3million in January to not being able to afford a loan striker and yet we sold Dobbie for a healthy amount and bought in someone who looks like a Sunday league pub player from Swansea.

I'm not saying we should be throwing money at players...far from it and I may be looking at things rather simplistically. However, when we are spending a ridiculous amount of cash on things we don't need to like electronic scoreboards(which don't work properly), blue paint for a concourse, new dug out seats, hotels and multi-storey car parks, you then begin realise something is not right.

If we can shell out £55 million on a new development at the stadium and £25 million(I made that figure up as I can't remember the number) on a state of the art training ground, but we cannot afford to pay for a couple of decent loan strikers on a three month loan...To me that sounds like two things...

Either something is very wrong with the way the club is being run

or

Those running the club haven't a scooby doo of what they're doing

How can, in the space of less than 6 months the team and the club go from being one of the most progressively attractive clubs in England to a hotchpotch of badly marketed new stories, dissent amongst players, coaches and fans and to looking like the club is being run by Noddy and Big Ears?

Oh and Financial Fair Play DOES NOT prevent us from paying a decent wage for three months to a couple of decent strikers...

point well made, sir !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here