Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAFC marketing dept - missing something?

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I've had a season ticket at the Goldstone, Withdean and the first two seasons at The Amex.

I gave it up at the end of last season for a variety of reasons.

I have found it quite strange though to not have heard anything from the club since then, nothing.

Given Mr Barbers penchant for milking every cash cow until it is dry (sorry - maximising revenue streams for FFP) I am just surprised that I haven't had one email or text from the club since then.

I'm not bothered as I know perfectly well how to get tickets etc. just surprised that's all.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I've had a season ticket at the Goldstone, Withdean and the first two seasons at The Amex.

I have found it quite strange though to not have heard anything from the club since then, nothing.

Given Mr Barbers penchant for milking every cash cow until it is dry (sorry - maximising revenue streams for FFP) I am just surprised that I haven't had one email or text from the club since then.

I'm not bothered as I know perfectly well how to get tickets etc. just surprised that's all.

there are 4 season ticket holders in our house and we all have been from day 1, sometimes one of the kids will get a letter and the rest of us nothing, my mrs gets texts from the club addressed to one of the kids.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's not that mature a set up yet is it? You're quite right. A loyal supporter should be contacted to find out why they've given up the ticket or what else they might be offered.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Write to club with idea's as no idea's is a bad one and one might be a gem. Paul B is pretty good at answering all correspondence ..

Found this strange when we canceled one of our season tickets in person at a very quiet ticket office there was no follow up or feed back required as to the loss of a long term revenue source(customer) (stakeholder)???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Have not received the match day mail this season

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Have you ticked a box to say that you don't want to be contacted?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
You might be in a control cell, or have inadvertantly unsubbed.

If you're that bothered then ask them to send you emails. If you like car leasing, or new car purchasing, or want to hear more about the latest Suzuki Leon then I'd highly recommend them.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
You might be in a control cell, or have inadvertantly unsubbed.

If you're that bothered then ask them to send you emails. If you like car leasing, or new car purchasing, or want to hear more about the latest Suzuki Leon then I'd highly recommend them.

I get these emails too - I'm not a season ticket holder, nor do I live in Sussex. Nevertheless, the club send me updates about their latest partners, what car to buy at Chandlers and (more recently) an email about the latest race event at Goodwood.

I presume they are making a fair bit of money sending these emails to 20k+ fans.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I get these emails too - I'm not a season ticket holder, nor do I live in Sussex. Nevertheless, the club send me updates about their latest partners, what car to buy at Chandlers and (more recently) an email about the latest race event at Goodwood.

I presume they are making a fair bit of money sending these emails to 20k+ fans.

I'd guess it's chucked in as part of the commercial sponsorship deals they have with the Albion, rather than as a separate income driver, but yeah it would boost the coffers somewhat. Even if these funds just pay for the rest of the email activity (match day specials etc) then it's probably worth it. And they don't particularly need to worry much about segmentation, as we fans are likely to put up with irrelevant stuff they send us because, well, it's the Albion and we're loath to unsubscribe in case we miss something good.

I still reckon they could significantly improve their comms planning and customer experience through being more relevant. Guess they're not to arsed about that at the moment though.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I did hear that the Seagulls Club (Junior Seagulls whatever it is called these days) is down to 200 members from last year's 20,000. The Admin staff were made redundant in Barber's cost cutting and they seem to have missed another trick. No doubt it will return in another more expensive guise for those middle class supporters who will be able to afford it for their kids.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If the OP uses terms like 'milking a cash cow till its dry" perhaps the club have made the right call in not bothering to contact him. Maybe their systems are sophisticated enough to identify people like this and remove them from communiqués in the hope that they never bother coming back.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
odd, i get an email before just about every game to say there's tickets available.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here