Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gay supporters

johnnymc

Oct 10, 2013
Hello all,

I'm a journalist at ITN looking to speak to gay Albion fans about homophobic chanting this season. If there's anyone up for telling me their views and experiences from this season, would be great to hear from you. My email's johnny.mcdevitt@itn.co.uk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If you have a go with the search function on this forum, you'll find that there are literally scores of threads devoted to the views of various sections of our fanbase, on this issue.

the general concensus, if there is one, is that most people do not give a toss about chanting of"'Does your boyfriend know you're here?", "We can see you holding hands", etc, but that individual shouts, chants of a more agressive nature are where problems lie.

Have a read of what's already on here.

Hello all,

I'm a journalist at ITN looking to speak to gay Albion fans about homophobic chanting this season. If there's anyone up for telling me their views and experiences from this season, would be great to hear from you. My email's johnny.mcdevitt@itn.co.uk

You do realise that it isn't only Brighton who will have gay fans don't you?

Why come to a Brighton forum about gay fans, why not go to a West Ham or Millwall board?

Because they don't have any gay fans, it's only us.

Personally, I think a better angle to approach this as a Journalist would be to find gay fans of other clubs and ask what they feel like when our fans are being taunted, but that would involve doing a bit of leg work and this lazy journalist has latched onto a stereotype.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm a journalist at ITN looking to speak to gay Albion fans about homophobic chanting this season.
Are you speaking to gay fans of any other clubs? Or are you stereotyping?
You do realise that it isn't only Brighton who will have gay fans don't you?
Why come to a Brighton forum about gay fans, why not go to a West Ham or Millwall board?
He's not just wanting to speak to gay fans, he wants to speak to fans that have had homophobic chanting aimed at them, so it wouldn't make sense to go to other clubs.

Apart from that, he could read the hundreds of threads already out there.

Mods - was his account created with that email address (ie, is this genuine)?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Perhaps he just wants to hear from gay fans who regularly hear anti gay abuse?

Gay fans of other clubs probably don't have to deal with anti gay chants because those chants are reserved for us.

I don't think it's that unreasonable really. People need to stop getting so defensive

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
He's not just wanting to speak to gay fans, he wants to speak to fans that have had homophobic chanting aimed at them, so it wouldn't make sense to go to other clubs.

Apart from that, he could read the hundreds of threads already out there.

Mods - was his account created with that email address (ie, is this genuine)?

Oh sorry - the comment

I'm a journalist at ITN looking to speak to gay Albion fans about homophobic chanting this season

Clearly wasn't intended for "Gay" "Albion" "Fans" was it

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Perhaps he just wants to hear from gay fans who regularly hear anti gay abuse?

Gay fans of other clubs probably don't have to deal with anti gay chants because those chants are reserved for us.

I don't think it's that unreasonable really. People need to stop getting so defensive

A sensible response.
He may be on a wind-u[, but when everything like this gets such hysterical responses from people who would never admit to being homophobic it does make you realise it is still a big issue

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Oh sorry - the comment

I'm a journalist at ITN looking to speak to gay Albion fans about homophobic chanting this season

Clearly wasn't intended for "Gay" "Albion" "Fans" was it

But we're the club who suffers the homophobic abuse, it's really not that complicated.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I would think it would be more interesting to hear the views of a gay Millwall fan that has to sit on his hands when we play them and they hurl the usual jibes, or worst at each of their home matches.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here