Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A perfect example of Brighton pretentiousness and pretending to be anti-establishment

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
25 year old woman selling voodoo dolls of Michael Gove at £25 a pop

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1072...ve_voodoo_doll_sells_like_hot_cakes/?ref=mmpg

"I literally sat up in bed one morning a couple of weeks ago with the words Tory Voodoo Dolls in my head"

"For me, sticking pins in Michael Gove is like a tiny act of rebellion"

Pincushion versions of other Tory cabinet ministers including David Cameron and George Osborne are in the pipeline, according to Ms Stiff. .... She said: “Any other suggestions from your readers would be very welcome.”

I do love the town and fair play to Ms Stiff for mugging people off for £25 a doll but as for the rest of it....we do have some right cockwombles thinking they're living the dream.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
25 year old woman selling voodoo dolls of Michael Gove at £25 a pop

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1072...ve_voodoo_doll_sells_like_hot_cakes/?ref=mmpg

"I literally sat up in bed one morning a couple of weeks ago with the words Tory Voodoo Dolls in my head"

"
For me, sticking pins in Michael Gove is like a tiny act of rebellion"

Pincushion versions of other Tory cabinet ministers including David Cameron and George Osborne are in the pipeline, according to Ms Stiff. .... She said: “Any other suggestions from your readers would be very welcome.”

I do love the town and fair play to Ms Stiff for mugging people off for £25 a doll but as for the rest of it....we do have some right cockwombles thinking they're living the dream.

Be afraid, very afraid. If Stiffy reads your thread she might start selling Buzzer Voodoo Dolls...... at half price ! :angel:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I'm not sure it's all that pretentious. I'd say it was more opportunist.

She's picked on an unpopular Tory minister. Easy target. Ready made buyers. The things are selling like hotcakes and getting press attention.

Pretty good going if you ask me. Aside from claiming he makes a "terrible education secretary" she's not really laid into him or the party particularly.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You don't think that claims of rebellion or 'literally' waking up with the words 'Tory voodoo doll' is just a tad pretentious?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I know! I'm going to protest about the free market by making an absolute s***load of cash. That'll show 'em.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
You don't think that claims of rebellion or 'literally' waking up with the words 'Tory voodoo doll' is just a tad pretentious?

I'd say deluded rather than pretentious, but if people are stupid enough to part with their money for this crap, fair play to her. If she actually believes in that voodoo sh*te, then she needs help.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea

To be honest I saw that as her poking fun out of the fact that the Argus wanted to do an article on her. She's sexing up her story so it gets more attention. And here we are discussing it. Job done.

Textbook marketing

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here