Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yes I know it's another Poyet thread, paper makes reference to Ulloa and Bridcut

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No direct quote but I wouldn't put some mischief making past him and I'm sure he would be happy to take our two best players. This is gonna run and run isn't it. I just hope rumours like this don't turn Liam and Ulloa's heads though.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The article says that Sunderland's budget in January will be 'limited', so I guess it comes down to the exact definition of that from their perspective. For a realistic chance of snaring Bridders and Leo, they'd have to bid in the region of £10-12 million for both, I'd imagine.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
We've done very very well to keep LB so long. Would be sad, but not annoyed, if he left. José still owes us until the end of the season, I reckon (based on hope) or until the end of the 2016/17 season based on contractual obligations.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I hear he wants to sign his son first from Charlton.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
People need to come to terms with the probability that Bridcutt will be gone in January. Ulloa has 4 years left on his deal and his importance to us will mean Sunderland would have to pay silly money for him. But Bridcutt only has 18months (I think!?!) left and Poyet has spoken openly before about how he'd sign him even if he was manager of Barcelona. Unthinkable last season but perhaps under OG he's not as irreplaceable as under GP, in a different system and with the emergence of Ince and form of Crofts/Andrews. Our best hope is Norwich still want him and enter a bidding war with Sunderland so we can squeeze out a few more pennies for him.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The article says that Sunderland's budget in January will be 'limited', so I guess it comes down to the exact definition of that from their perspective. For a realistic chance of snaring Bridders and Leo, they'd have to bid in the region of £10-12 million for both, I'd imagine.

That's pretty sensible, I think £10m would be too good to turn down really. I'd hate to see either go but I had resigned myself to Liam going in the summer anyhow.

Loadicus Trux

Jan 12, 2012
Looks as though the journo has been asked to write an article about Gus at Sunderland, has come on to this site to do his research, and copied comments made on here about Leo and LB following Gus to the Noth East.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Liam WILL go, if not to Sunderland then to another Premiership club. As an earlier poster said, with the vastly experienced Keith Andrews now at the club, and the emergence of Rohan Ince, l don't think we will miss him as much as we think.

However l don't think we will get anything like the riches for him that some on here are convinced that we will. Yes he is a very good player but holding midfielders traditionally don't fetch a lot of money. Liam doesn't weigh in with many goals, or provide defence splitting passes. If we accept 3.5/4m for him then l for one would be happy.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Do you know- something I've thought for a while is that we will never see Bridcutt in a BHA shirt again.

I too have had this nasty suspicion for a while. What's the official latest on when he might return? I hope that if Poyet does come in for Bridcutt and Ulloa it might just reduce the sickening love in with Poyet that some of our fans seem to be still wallowing in!

macky

Dec 28, 2004

If You are basing that on Liam being worth 4 0r 5 Then I think that you are seriously undervaluing I would rather wait and see what what He's worth after a season playing injury free and. A player the manager wants playing alongside him

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
If You are basing that on Liam being worth 4 0r 5 Then I think that you are seriously undervaluing I would rather wait and see what what He's worth after a season playing injury free and. A player the manager wants playing alongside him

He'll be worth next to nothing if he doesn't sign a contract.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I too have had this nasty suspicion for a while. What's the official latest on when he might return? I hope that if Poyet does come in for Bridcutt and Ulloa it might just reduce the sickening love in with Poyet that some of our fans seem to be still wallowing in!

It would not surprise me if before the end of the last season, maybe in March, Gus may have been discussing with some players about moving with him if he managed to get a Prem job, which would have naturally been a concern of the club. If this was the case it would have made sense for the club to suspend Gus with a gagging order and to not contact any players or staff.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I noticed when those who stayed after the semi's to clap in appreciation of players, all of the players clapped the fans in return except Bridcutt, he seemed to be very noticably waving goodbye.

He has played twice SINCE then.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He has played twice SINCE then.

Looked very ordinary in one of the games I saw him, Villarreal? :down:

I find the complete shutdown of info on his injury quite strange as well, or have I missed an announcement?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here