Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A true sporting great retires

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The day after Tillekeratne Dilshan, as well. (from Tests, anyway)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Retiring after 200 Tests is a feat that may never be surpassed. Farewell to the Little Master !:clap2:

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Part of me thinks he should have retired sooner, but part of me thinks it's none of my business and it enabled him to get his 100th international century. However, what is not in doubt is what he achieved - it'll take something spectacular to beat his record. Cook? ???

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Part of me thinks he should have retired sooner, but part of me thinks it's none of my business and it enabled him to get his 100th international century. However, what is not in doubt is what he achieved - it'll take something spectacular to beat his record. Cook? ???

Only if he plays til he's 60 I think.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Even with the profusion of Test matches in the international calender I can't see anyone beating 200 Tests. Sachin started at an incredibly young age and has TBH, gone on a few years well past his best because he is almost " Undroppable ".

A couple of dodgy series results and Cook will be gone especially as it's the English way to quit the team when you quit the captaincy.

So, unless someone else on the sub-continent can break in to to a Test side at 16-17 I can't see it being repeated.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
whilst studying in in Leeds I had some lovely times watching young Tendulkarthwaite

10 years later I was at Headingley again enjoying a spread bet which gained me £2 per run once he reached 60 odd. He scored 193.

A joy to watch

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He was an amazing talent the like that you will see very rarely.

great entertaining batsman

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I believe it was him that had selectors saying for the first time: "If you're good enough, you're old enough" when first pondering his test selection at age 15/16

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A crying shame he couldn't make 3 figures, doubt he'll get chance to bat again.

What a phenomenon he has been, the best ever.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here