dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
KFC please.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
To be honest, our only out of town leisure park facility is the Marina, and that's a pretty shabby offering that's not actually that out of town.

There probably is actually room to have a large scale entertainment complex featuring multiplex cinema, bowling alleys, chain restaurants and the like. It's just whether we'd ever be able to get it off the ground without opposition derailing it.

I know traffic can be an issue BUT with the majority of activity at such parks being evenings and weekends the impact shouldn't be too bad, outside of match days anyway.

In fact, don't the marina owners desperately want to completely redevelop the place? Could a new leisure park at Falmer provide somewhere for all the current Marina businesses to go while their current facilities are torn down?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
To be honest, our only out of town leisure park facility is the Marina, and that's a pretty shabby offering that's not actually that out of town.

There probably is actually room to have a large scale entertainment complex featuring multiplex cinema, bowling alleys, chain restaurants and the like. It's just whether we'd ever be able to get it off the ground without opposition derailing it.

I know traffic can be an issue BUT with the majority of activity at such parks being evenings and weekends the impact shouldn't be too bad, outside of match days anyway.

In fact, don't the marina owners desperately want to completely redevelop the place? Could a new leisure park at Falmer provide somewhere for all the current Marina businesses to go while their current facilities are torn down?

Whenever I read comments like these I just have a picture of Martin Perry talking to Falmer Parish Council and making promises.

I would love a quote from them today!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Whenever I read comments like these I just have a picture of Martin Perry talking to Falmer Parish Council and making promises.

I would love a quote from them today!

I'm just playing devil's advocate. I'm not suggesting this is what I want necessarily. Just that it is ultimately a possibility

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
5000 seat Ice rink which would host Ice Hockey and general skating.
3000 seat 50 metre, 8 lane swimming pool with diving pool.
Snow-dome with separate ski and board areas. (This maybe a facility to far.) Better in Wild Park.
All designed by proper Architects, not the interns and Job Opportunities people that have been used in the passed to design buildings in Brighton. ( The Amex is not included in this criticism of course.)
Finally, a trip to Sheffield for all Councillors and Professional Staff to research how it's done. With Park and Ride and a comprehensive Bus and Tram service.
Sorted. :thumbsup:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
In my village they knocked down a CIDER FACTORY to build shops and houses. We got lots of houses - toy town size and very popular. When the shops were built we got 3 empty units, a Coop (goood with foood), a chippie, - and my choice for the Amex supersite - a Barnardos charity shop. { We already had a supermarket and a chippie }

We all know how charitable we are at the Amex

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It would be good to extend Brighton eastwards so that Falmer village becomes just an area of Brighton. The city's bursting at the seams and people are trying to cram development into already over-developed areas. An out-of-town shopping complex would be brilliant and would help reduce traffic in the city centre. Plus a huge Park 'n' Ride site linked to the new bus lane in Lewes Road.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
What the south east needs is a proper waterpark with huge slides, rapids, wave machine, water cannons, pirate ship and flumes that start on the roof and go through a tank full of sharks. I also like the idea of a laser quest. Can the two be combined?

Imagine going there on saturday morning and then watching albion in the afternoon. :drool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here