Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boxnation

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Cancelling this shower of shit channel. Been paying £10 a month for almost 2 years and I think I've seen about 5 decent fights in that time. No HD facility either. For £120 a year it just isn't worth it. I've been using it to record the fights in the US then watch them the next day - which is an even bigger joke since by the next day Boxnation themselves have put the fight on YouTube for anyone to see!

Just noticed I have to ring some mad 0844 number to cancel as well as it's not a proper direct (it's a direct payment or something equally dodgy). ****ing Frank Warren - absolute villain of a man...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Cant see that channel lasting long into the new year now sky have cleaned up all the decent fights with Eddie Hearn.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I'm still a subscriber but they have a very poor schedule of fights coming up although I can't see it folding as apparently the million/billionaire behind Rainham Steel one of their main sponsors is bankrolling the project. I was hoping that BT Sport was going to buy them out to go into competition with SKY's boxing but that doesn't seem to he happening.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Cant see that channel lasting long into the new year now sky have cleaned up all the decent fights with Eddie Hearn.

They are joining Matchroom in their droves at the moment. Really who has Warren got left? Chisora and Frampton are the only draws he has now that Cleverly has been exposed.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
BoxNation were promising a HD channel a year ago , still to be announced when it will appear.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
You serious? Youve seen 1 decent fight in 2 years? Theres constantly quality fights on there, even if youve only watched the Mayweather fights youve been on to a winner.

They got Golden Boys fights, plus The Smith Brothers, Frankie Gavin, Billy Joe, Framton, Paul Butler, Frank Buglioni, Cleverly, Del Boy, Bradley Saunders god knows how many more. You got Bunces Boxing Hour which is quality to, I watch it more than SkySports.

D

Deleted member 18477

Frank Warren is a prick! Got a lot of time for eddie hearn though.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I've never subscribed out of principal, although I was tempted last month when you had the Cleverly & Mayweather fight in the same month. To make matters worse for Warren & Box Nation Hearn is rumoured to be announcing Stephen Smith & Jamie McDonnell who is with Dennis Hobson who had just signed a deal with Box Nation.

Warren hasn't got a lot left now and with Hatton joining but losing Quigg and Maloney's only decent fighter Price losing his last two yet further blows to the channel. Sky have even picked up International bouts which was Box Nation's strong point. For my money Bradley Vs Marquez has a great chance of being the fight of the year.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Smith is rumoured to have still not been paid for his last fight, on the Cleverley bill, and is in the process with the help of Hearn's barrister of getting out of his Warren contract and joining Matchroom.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Stephen Smith now signed with Hearn, Wazza's stable looking very short of star quality right now and certainly not good enough to sustain a TV Channel

its more than healthy enough, especially with all the golden boy bills. the schedule is looking good, especially with del boy back to his best.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Cancelling this shower of shit channel. Been paying £10 a month for almost 2 years and I think I've seen about 5 decent fights in that time. No HD facility either. For £120 a year it just isn't worth it. I've been using it to record the fights in the US then watch them the next day - which is an even bigger joke since by the next day Boxnation themselves have put the fight on YouTube for anyone to see!

Just noticed I have to ring some mad 0844 number to cancel as well as it's not a proper direct (it's a direct payment or something equally dodgy). ****ing Frank Warren - absolute villain of a man...

Is your username a Wiz Khalifa reference?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
hes on a good run, hes got good few tear ups left in him yet and never in a boring fight.

Agreed - but his hardly a star name and isn't going to attract new subscribers. His a European level fighter at very best, and the UK has 4 or 5 better Lightweights than him in my opinion.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Agreed - but his hardly a star name and isn't going to attract new subscribers. His a European level fighter at very best, and the UK has 4 or 5 better Lightweights than him in my opinion.

its not about attracting new subscribers though mate, the people who subscribe are hardcore boxing fans, so its about catering for them and adding quality to the bills. for me the only better british lightweight atm is ricky burns. agreed he is only european level but hes an entertaining fighter and loves a shoot out haha

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
its not about attracting new subscribers though mate, the people who subscribe are hardcore boxing fans, so its about catering for them and adding quality to the bills. for me the only better british lightweight atm is ricky burns. agreed he is only european level but hes an entertaining fighter and loves a shoot out haha

I think Mitchell, Rees & John Murray beat him, Crolla is nip and tuck as is Rendall Munroe if his serious about campaigning permanently at Light Weight. It's a great division domestically and I hope a lot of these fights can be made.

Matthews looked a lot better against Woodhouse then he did in the fight previous where he was a mile behind on the cards, but pulled out a cracking left hook to finish things.

For my money Box Nation doesn't have the depth of talent to sustain a £10 per month subscription channel particularly as it's not in HD and the production quality isn't fantastic. Chisora, Price, Cleverly, Paul Smith, Matthews, Martin Murray & Frankie Gavin are the only names (Off the top of my head) worth watching and even their International fights which were once better than Sky's have seemed to slow. Marquez Vs Bradley is going to be a a definite fight of the year candidate.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Ricky Burns may never come back from his broken jaw and was exposed in that fight, Mitchell has been exposed as less than top class, Rees is on the way down after his recent losses, Matthews is only domestic class at best, the ones I'm interested in seeing now is Terry Flannigan who is 21-0 and Scott Cardle who is 12-0 both seem good prospects and may overtake the ones on the way down.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here