Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bulgarian press conference disgrace.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not on. Do you think there were any witnesses?

What happened, can't get it to play.

Levski Sofia fans, angered by Ivaylo Petev's appointment as their new coach, interrupted his chaotic unveiling on Tuesday and made him take off the club's shirt before showing him the exit.

Levski were introducing Petev to the press after sacking the Serb Slavisa Jokanovic earlier in the day after a mediocre start to the new season.

Petev, 38, is considered to be one of the best young coaches in the country after leading Ludogorets to back-to-back league titles, but Levski fans believe he is a supporter of their bitter rivals CSKA Sofia.

Several dozen hostile fans burst in shortly after the start of Petev's first news conference at the Georgi Asparuhov stadium, shouting: "You're not welcome here. Get up, remove the shirt and go. Levski will not play under you as coach."

With no security officials present, the fans ushered Petev out of the news conference before confronting the shocked Levski chief executive, Nasko Sirakov – a crowd favourite and the club's all-time leading scorer with 206 goals between 1981 and 1994.

Sirakov, who responded by announcing his resignation, said: "This is the hardest day in my life. But I wonder if there's another place in the world where the fans choose the coach."

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

but to what extent are they just showing the "passion" that some on here are so vocal about?

I agree i would be fairly disgusted if it happened here - or at it happening there - but if bhafc were to bring in a notable palace figure in some way, some on here might want to do the same - i hope i'm exaggerating.

forcing a man to strip to the waist? A funny sort of passion???

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
forcing a man to strip to the waist? A funny sort of passion???

I did say "I hope I am exaggerating", and I can't see similar scenes happening over here. I did say I would be fairly disgusted if it did happen over here.

If Oscar, hypothetically, were to leave tomorrow and Ian Holloway was brought in as manager because "he knows how to get out of this division", I would not fulminate against it because of the palace connections. I would be prepared to give him a chance..... . But I can't see any part of that scenario happening in a hurry.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Now resigned

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I was miffed when Steve Cop out joined us because I know for a fact he managed Palace. These thugs threw him out because they 'think' he supports their rivals! These morons have just subjected themselves to years of ridicule and mediocrity for ejecting probably the best young manager their country have seen for a while

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Need to look at the bigger picture these morons, no foreign coach will go there for years after this, leaving them reduced to the untried Bulgarian coaches to choose from.

Let these imbiciles deal with sub-standard football for the next decade, they deserve nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here