• Yes

Votes: 42 29.4%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Following on from the Spanish Day and now Fright Night, do you like the idea of themed matches? Poll to follow.

And also if so what other themes would you like to see?

I would like to see England Day on 21st or 26th of April, the closest home matches to St Georges Day. Bet they won't be brave enough to do it though.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Palace should do a masochist themed night for one of their home games, as they usually always get spanked.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Doesn't that run the risk of looking a bit EDL? They've ruined it for the rest of us. Can we have a multicultural World Day, where you have to dress up as different cultures. Shotgun Tibet.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Doesn't that run the risk of looking a bit EDL? They've ruined it for the rest of us. Can we have a multicultural World Day, where you have to dress up as different cultures. Shotgun Tibet.

Indeed that is why they won't be brave enough to do it, BUT they really should. We are English and we should be proud of it. Now thinking of Hugh Grant's speech in Love Actually......

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The closest game to the Oscars should be Hollywood themed

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Id like a 80s day where i can feel at ease with my choice of clothing and be able to flick ash into the bloke in fronts anorak hood .

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'd have FREIGHT NIGHT.

Only those fans arriving by freight train are allowed in.

Plus they would have to be those American ones with the sliding door that everyone would have to chase after at the station and jump on like some Hobo.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is a completely unfair poll.

Many of us were a tad uncomfortable with the idea of a pre-planned Spanish theme (as opposed to some sort of spontaneous fans' thing). But as we've already said. The Halloween thing is merely aimed at getting more kids to the Watford game. It's not some corny, let's-all-clap-hands-together charade like some would argue Spanish Day was. It's a nice way of advertising the fact that tickets for children are a pound.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Talking of EDL, we may have something bumping down the pipeline on that score.

More soon.

You've got a date for the court hearing? I still say go not guilty, Al, we all know it was only a parade.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Spanish Day was fantastic, let's do another one of those next season.

Not sure we need too many in a year but perhaps a Polish day for TK, where they can supply loads of Zywiec for us to enjoy.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Not sure we need too many in a year but perhaps a Polish day for TK, where they can supply loads of Zywiec for us to enjoy.

Zywiec with kielbasa and sauerkraut for £7

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Would it be cynical of me to think its something to do with the ground looking full for the cameras?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Anything which encourages more families and youngsters to attend can only be a good thing and they love this sort of thing.

Can I suggest an animal themed day too and a superhero day.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Really guys?? Why not?

Nobody says you have to and I'm sure 99% of the N stand will dress exactly as they would for any other match, but engaging youngsters means long term income for the club and if that means that 1% of people in the stand (and 100% of those appearing on fanzone) are dressed up, who the f*ck cares (but the 1%).

Anyone who brings their kids to matches knows that things like this, fanzone, gully's girls (may they rest in peace), etc all contribute to the experience for them. The bragging rights at school on monday after appearing on fanzone on sat are not to be ignored amongst the pre-teens. And if all they talk about on monday morning is BHA and the Amex, then their friends learn that Chelski and ManU are not the teams to follow and a little pester-power later and little johnny and his dad are spending money at the Amex on a saturday.

Don't want to dress up, then don't. But don't begrudge the club for trying to ensure that you have a home on a saturday afternoon for many more years to come and that the dark days are long behind us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here