Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Fright night" at the Amex

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I like it, hopefully it'll lead to a televised full house and a few new Albion converts (£1 per ticket is a great idea to encourage parents to bring a nipper with them).

That said, I imagine this thread will soon be full of the, usually, older 'fun/change = tinpot' brigade who will utterly miss the point.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I can see Watford BATTERING us (knowing our luck Kusz, Upson and Lua Lua will all also be out with injuries by then) so the name might be appropriate.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I like it, hopefully it'll lead to a televised full house and a few new Albion converts (£1 per ticket is a great idea to encourage parents to bring a nipper with them).

That said, I imagine this thread will soon be full of the, usually, older 'fun/change = tinpot' brigade who will utterly miss the point.

If just a 100 extra parents bring thier kids to the game and the kids enjoy it then the odds are they will want to come again , its a pity we wont have any strikers to frighten Watfords defence but its better the club trying these new ideas rather than simply hoping for big crowds and doing nothing .

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Rather appropriate after last season's Horror Show against Watford. Carry On Screaming folks...

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Hopefully El Abd is involved in some way, so that his Addams Family chant can ring around the ground

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
As people seemed to interpret Spanish day as Mexican day, does that mean people are going to come in Christmas related attire to this?

Anyway, add me to the list of boring people who think it's embarrassing

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's FOR THE KIDS. Everyone get over it.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Make sure you order your Halloween outfits before they sell out..

CPFC-Kit-12-13.jpg

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
We're supposed to be a football club.

fright-night-lead229-1104884_478x359.jpg

I'm still not getting it.

Younger fans (who this is aimed at) will, by and large, not appreciate the quality of football on display (thankfully) but they will remember having fun and the feeling of being part of a big crowd, two things that this will hopefully bring together.

Even if it falls flat on it's arse as an 'event' it should still bring in some new fans, which is never a bad thing.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Moshe Jnr would LOVE this - if he'd actually WATCH THE FLIPPIN' FOOTBALL for more than 10 seconds then he might have a chance of going...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here