Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tattoos

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Just seen the new world Speedway champion on BBC breakfast, covered in tats, to the point where the presenter made reference to it, calling it body art.
I must be getting old, when I was a lad it was mainly consigned to would be hard men, ex convicts and former Merchant or Royal Navy personnel.
Without wishing to be draconian I have told both my kids I'm not a fan and wouldn't be impressed if they went down that route and up to now they have respected my decision, but am I fast becoming in the minority on this issue?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I love good quality tattoo's, I got two sleeves and my chest done and Im currently having my back worked on and will get more.

Saying that poor quality tattoo and programmes that focus on them like that 'My Tattoo Addiction', give tattoos a bad name, I was cringing watching that program.

Each to their own, it would be boring if everyone looked and dressed alike, seems you cant be a footballer unless your covered in tattoos these days haha

A great tattoo documentary is 'Tattoo Nation', shows the history of Chicano tattooing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just seen the new world Speedway champion on BBC breakfast, covered in tats, to the point where the presenter made reference to it, calling it body art.
I must be getting old, when I was a lad it was mainly consigned to would be hard men, ex convicts and former Merchant or Royal Navy personnel.
Without wishing to be draconian I have told both my kids I'm not a fan and wouldn't be impressed if they went down that route and up to now they have respected my decision, but am I fast becoming in the minority on this issue?

It seems anyone under about 40 either has one or has no problem with them. I'm with you though, not a fan. I am still shocked when I see a good looking girl with a sleeve. From a distance it's like they have gangrene of the arm and from close up it's just plain unattractive..to me. I feel the same way about piercings, but each to their own.

I have a son who has a couple of discrete tattoos and a daughter who has none.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
There are good tattoos, bad tattoos and just plain over doing it tattoos...

This woman got her boyfriends name tattooed to her face...

Before:
S1LEi9m.jpg

After:
tumblr_mhh3i6YZVq1qig9c5o1_500.jpg

???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

?

Could be interesting if they break up

just seen the new world speedway champion on bbc breakfast, covered in tats, to the point where the presenter made reference to it, calling it body art.
I must be getting old, when i was a lad it was mainly consigned to would be hard men, ex convicts and former merchant or royal navy personnel.
Without wishing to be draconian i have told both my kids i'm not a fan and wouldn't be impressed if they went down that route and up to now they have respected my decision, but am i fast becoming in the minority on this issue?

100% this both boys know our views on this,nothing worse than some old granny flashing her clevage with some faded tatoo on show,becks good looking boy but that tat on his kneck:facepalm:
Should be left to american street gangs and russian convicts!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just like most things in life good ones are good and poor ones are not. I do not have any but my wife has most of her back done, tops of her arms and her foot; they look great on her. She put a lot of thought into hers. And I do think they look great on girls in general; Berlin is stuffed with inked ladies.

I have noticed an increase in neck and hand tattoos on the youth though. I do wonder if there will some regret when they're older but this is as far as any negativity towards tattoos goes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I love good quality tattoo's, I got two sleeves and my chest done and Im currently having my back worked on and will get more.

Saying that poor quality tattoo and programmes that focus on them like that 'My Tattoo Addiction', give tattoos a bad name, I was cringing watching that program.

Each to their own, it would be boring if everyone looked and dressed alike, seems you cant be a footballer unless your covered in tattoos these days haha

A great tattoo documentary is 'Tattoo Nation', shows the history of Chicano tattooing.

Was 'My Tattoo Addiciton' that slightly disturbing C4 documentary with one guy getting covered in Miley Cyrus tats and another who had www.ayianapaboatparty.com on his chest? Oh, and the guy who had his ex-girlfried neck tattoos covered up with two huge scorpions (or lobsters) up each side of his head?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not a fan of memorial tattoos. I think that Miami Ink programme which always featured a gushing mawkish punter in every episode did it for me.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
nothing worse than some old granny flashing her clevage with some faded tatoo on show

Because it's so much worse that an old granny flashing her clevage without a tattoo...?

I never got the argument of "it'll look terrible when you're older". Yeah it probably will but when I'm 60 I don't exactly plan on being the dashing young chap I am today so surely that argument is totally invalid as I know very few people aged 60+ who look good with or without ink.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

Before:
S1LEi9m.jpg

After:
tumblr_mhh3i6YZVq1qig9c5o1_500.jpg

???

Sorry this is either an elaborate hoax or this woman is clearly mental.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Was 'My Tattoo Addiciton' that slightly disturbing C4 documentary with one guy getting covered in Miley Cyrus tats and another who had www.ayianapaboatparty.com on his chest? Oh, and the guy who had his ex-girlfried neck tattoos covered up with two huge scorpions (or lobsters) up each side of his head?

Yes.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Not a fan tbh but at a push i prefer outline/sketch tattoos only, these can be classy.

Like piercings I feel it's the modern way to display emotion whether it be sadness (death of someone close), happiness (birth, love etc) or pain (abuse of somekind). This probably sounds awful but those people I know who have them feel they are "f**ked up" in someway and feel the need to show it. Either that or they were young and very impulsive or did it when drunk or for a bet. But those are only the people I know.

Come to think of it I am probably prejudice about tattoos and need to work on that! Although not that prejudice as my girlfriend has a small one, which i don't like, but i accept it's part of her and her history and that's cool. I would be really pissed off if she chose to get another one though! (and are they addictive?).

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
100% this both boys know our views on this,nothing worse than some old granny flashing her clevage with some faded tatoo on show

My hearse driver was quite profound when he randomly said whilst driving back from the cemetery "You can judge a woman by the tatoo on her tit"

If Plato had said that it would have been widely quoted for the last two thousand years.......

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here