Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last few months at Albion so painful [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Last few months at Albion so painful[/h]5:00am Wednesday 9th October 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2672073.jpg
Gus Poyet at Sunderland's press conference yesterday
Gus Poyet has left Albion in the dark over his threat to take legal action.
Sunderland’s new head coach brushed aside talk of pursuing the Seagulls through the courts following his sacking as manager in June for gross misconduct.
Poyet was evasive when repeatedly quizzed about the issue at his unveiling yesterday.
The Uruguayan said: “Brighton was painful in the last few months. It is difficult to explain. This is good because it is time to move forward. It’s good for me to start to talk about Sunderland now, it’s gone.
“It’s not about clarification because it is not in my hands. My idea is to forget about it. I need to forget about it and I have been pleading with everyone to forget about it. Apparently they can’t leave me alone because they keep coming back to me.”
Poyet says comparisons with his Albion successor Oscar Garcia are unfair on the Spaniard.
“I would like nobody to compare Oscar to me, leave Oscar alone,” he said.
“He needs the support of the whole club, let him do it. The same for me.
“I don’t know what will happen in the future, I can’t tell you that, it’s unpredictable. I didn’t expect to get the sack and I can’t tell you what will happen tomorrow. Football is incredible.”
Poyet has signed a two-year contract at the Stadium of Light. He has also taken Mauricio Taricco and Charlie Oatway, his assistant and first team coach at The Amex, with him as part of the backroom team as well as former Albion goalkeeping coach Andy Beasley.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here