Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Burke

Weretheweststand

Unregistered User
Aug 23, 2011
Hailsham
What does he think about the other clubs such as forest who are ignoring FFP, and how strongly does he believe that the league will go through with the penalties which they have promised? Also, what kind of benefits will be looking at when the other clubs are punished? (Such as financial rewards)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
What does he think about the other clubs such as forest who are ignoring FFP, and how strongly does he believe that the league will go through with the penalties which they have promised? Also, what kind of benefits will be looking at when the other clubs are punished? (Such as financial rewards)

Forest aren't entirely ignoring it.

Chairman given £10m sponsorship.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Forest aren't entirely ignoring it.

Chairman given £10m sponsorship.

Record 1 year sponsorship deal in there history. That's how you beat FFP. Expect many new owners to do this.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Watford have found the most creative way to get round the rules.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Can you ask him if he remembers trying to get off with my sister Kate when we were at school and getting a punch in the eye from her boyfriend?

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Not a question directly in his area but he'll probably know the answer. But could you ask if there is any insurance cover (for player wages) for long term injuries such as CMS/Hoskins. I've seen various thoughts on this on here recently but don't think it's had a definitive answer.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If Garcia strongly recommended a player to sign, but after scouting reports from Brighton the player didn't look up to it, who would get their way? (finances allowing). In other words who has the final say in recruitment?

Nov 20, 2003
hove
Having coached in youth football for many years I was always sad that we did not use enough ex players at the center of excllence ,many of the past coaches have never played the game at a high level and we have missed a real chance to bring in guys who have who themselves have gone through the accadamy system and can pass on that valuable experience.im thinking of players like chippy ,guy butters who do stuff for aitc but sadly not at the c of e, thanks hbz

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Can you ask him...." Do you go out and find players that we can afford and then see if they are prepared to come and play for us?"

Supplementary......" Do you take into account the requirements of the playing style of and the wishes of Garcia when you get a player in"

Supplementary if the answer is "yes" to the above....." How do you explain the loan signings of Andrews and the Dutch fella when it is obvious that they are not th sort of flair players' more workmanlike players garcia's football philosophy requires?"

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I have a few suggestions for questions. Not sure if he can answer them all though...

FFP:

1. Has the Football League issued guidelines to the clubs as to what would be acceptable with regards to income received from sponsorship deals eg shirts, stadium etc?

2. Have details of the transfer embargoes that should be issued to non-promoted, non-complying clubs been issued? If so, what are they?

3. Has he noticed a change in attitude from clubs, particularly from Premier League clubs, on the amount of a loan player's wages that we would be expected to contribute towards ie are they generally expecting us to contribute more now that FFP has arrived or less?

General:

4. Some people still seem to think that transfers in and out are solely down to him and that Oscar has little say in the matter. Can he please clarify that this is not the case.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Some good questions here. Just a shame they are on a public forum because now he can prepare his answers...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Some good questions here. Just a shame they are on a public forum because now he can prepare his answers...

I'm not sure what the problem is with him being able to prepare answers to questions. I'd far rather he had time to think through a detailed response than winged it and we ended up with ambiguity. By extension, do you have a problem with pupils being taught stuff prior to taking their GCSE's as then they may be "prepared" for the exam?

The only reason I can see why you might have a problem with him being prepared is that he then has more time to prepare a lie as an answer. I don't accept that premise. I've seen no evidence that TB or PB lies - indeed the opposite seems to be true. I expect DB to be nothing other than honest.

Incidentally, why do all the senior people in the club have a surname starting with "B"? Conspiracy?!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here