Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Long weekend away

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Need a bit of NSC help! I want to take the mrs away for a long dirty weekend (Thursday to Sunday) at end of November and am looking for ideas. Initially I was thinking a bit of winter sun in Malta but this would cost £500 plus for the pair of us without spending money so beyond budget.
So am now thinking a cosy weekend away. Was wondering if people had experience of peak distric, Wales or Devon/Cornwall? Maybe hire a cottage? Also other then treks in the countryside and nice pubs/restaurants what else this kind of short break have to offer? Any advice much appreciated!

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Not a UK break, but just tonight the Mrs and I have booked a 5 star hotel stay in Budapest or £400 all in - lovely place if u haven't been before. Booked through Expedia

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Make sure it's a weekend Albion are away down in the neck of the woods you are visiting :p

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Does it matter where you stay as you will be having sex all weekend shirley?

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Make sure it's a weekend Albion are away down in the neck of the woods you are visiting :p

I have already thought of that but don't think the mrs would appreciate a weekend in Wigan! Although Peak District is close to there.......

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Need a bit of NSC help! I want to take the mrs away for a long dirty weekend (Thursday to Sunday) at end of November and am looking for ideas. Initially I was thinking a bit of winter sun in Malta but this would cost £500 plus for the pair of us without spending money so beyond budget.
So am now thinking a cosy weekend away. Was wondering if people had experience of peak distric, Wales or Devon/Cornwall? Maybe hire a cottage? Also other then treks in the countryside and nice pubs/restaurants what else this kind of short break have to offer? Any advice much appreciated!

Don't know where you live but from here it takes most of the day to get to Cornwall, ok if you are going longer than a few days.
I love Devon but I have been in August and June in the last few years and it was raining a fair bit, so I would never go in the winter.
Dorset is nice and nearer, look up Swanage and Corfe Castle.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota

Check out www.travelsupermarket.com for trips to Malta, I just checked and there are 4 star hotel deals from Thurs to Sun in November for 171 quid per person incl flights.

www.skyscanner.com to compare flights, I'm going to 5 cities in January over 10 nights in Eastern Europe for less than 400 quid per person, staying in 4 star hotels the whole time, Europe can be done seriously cheaply if you play your cards right!

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Try The Pig, Brockenhurst http://www.thepighotel.com/hotel-in-the-new-forest/explore.aspx

The Mrs and I stayed there a year or so ago. We booked the 'Hen House' a two storey room in a courtyard of old farm buildings away from the main hotel. The bedroom included a four poster and the first floor bathroom features a roll top bath, wood burning stove and twin monsoon shower! The food is excellent and being in the middle of the New Forest has plenty of walking available and is close enough to the coast if you want to grab some sea air.

I appreciate that at this time of year the weather isn't that great, but if that's not too important, give it a go!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Bournemouth away is at the end of November :thumbsup:

Jul 7, 2003
At that time of year many of the European Christmas markets are up and running so you could combine a weekend away with some different Christmas shopping for the missus and, if you are really sneaky, watch some European football while you are there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here