Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Injuries.

Fran112

Jun 6, 2011
Waterlooville
Something that just occurred to me.

As we, as all teams do, perform a pre signing medical, allegedly for insurence purposes,
Are not all our injured players covered by this?

If yes, then surely, in a roundabout sort of way,
money for wages to pay a loan to cover these players
is paid by the insurence company?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What do you think the payout will be? Could be wages but there would likely be an excess period. The premiums may also make it quite prohibitive to take out a policy that covers relatively short term injuries on the basis that getting an injury is quite common.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Good point. I have always wondered that myself! If not then exactly what is the insurance for?

Could be that you have insurance for players that are permanently disabled from usual occupation, either covering their transfer value and/or wages. The players themselves are likely to have Permanent Health Insurance should they retire. Or, as I suggested above, it could cover players wages when they are injured in excess of a certain period, eg 3 months. Obviously, the shorter that period the higher the premiums will be!!!

Fran112

Jun 6, 2011
Waterlooville
What do you think the payout will be? Could be wages but there would likely be an excess period. The premiums may also make it quite prohibitive to take out a policy that covers relatively short term injuries on the basis that getting an injury is quite common.

Yeah maybe not short term injuries but Mac Smith & Will Hoskins ?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Could be that you have insurance for players that are permanently disabled from usual occupation, either covering their transfer value and/or wages. The players themselves are likely to have Permanent Health Insurance should they retire. Or, as I suggested above, it could cover players wages when they are injured in excess of a certain period, eg 3 months. Obviously, the shorter that period the higher the premiums will be!!!

Lots of variations there. Insurance is a complicated business!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think the insurance policy is to cover a player having to retire early from the professional game due to a career ending injury. If a player is injured representing their country the club can put in for a compensation payment from the national FA to cover wages and medical bills.

I think they have an excess type arrangement, out for more than 8 weeks and they start paying a percentage.

This could be bollox mind.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
There are many permutations as to what you want covered and therefore how much you are prepared to pay. I heard once that Man Utd used to only insure their players whilst playing or training (or something similar). That changed after Munich when they were then insured 24/7. Might just be urban myth though!

scooter1

How soon is now?
I think the insurance policy is to cover a player having to retire early from the professional game due to a career ending injury. If a player is injured representing their country the club can put in for a compensation payment from the national FA to cover wages and medical bills.
This.
As I recall, Ben Roberts retired through injury before signing for us, and then returned his insurance pay-out when he started playing again

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here