Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Ince,five match stadium ban.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
With modern technology, touchline bans are a little less effective now. I remember a few years back there was a communications restriction by uefa (I think on Mourinho) where he a uefa official had to accompany him to prevent him from communicating instructions during the game.

I imagine the thinking is the same here. If he is banned from the stadium, it will be harder for him to provide instructions.

I imagine blackpool could, for home games at least, set up some feed and he could still do manage from afar, but I suppose it would be hard to do it for away games.

Face time/skype will probably have it's limits.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the 'good old days' if a player was suspended for say 14 days they were not permitted to have any contact with the club in any capacity for 14 days and not permitted to enter an FA approved ground. This meant if a player was banned he couldnt go to watch his or any other team that had a payment entry. This was changed from a number of days to a number of games as it was considered unfair if you got banned at Easter or Christmas as opposed to 14 days from 1st May. I think it was also argued that it breached employment laws on restriction of trade with a player needing to stay fit.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What did Ince do?

Kicked or threw a bottle at a match official, in frustration, I think. Unless he's done something else.

EDIT: Or maybe not:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ds-blackpool-manager-paul-ince-five-match-ban

Ince was sent to the stands during the game for throwing a water bottle, but the incidents in question occurred "in or around the tunnel" after the final whistle.

He attended a disciplinary hearing on Monday accused of verbally abusing a match official, threatening a match official and violent conduct towards a match official.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Kicked or threw a bottle at a match official, in frustration, I think. Unless he's done something else.

EDIT: Or maybe not:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ds-blackpool-manager-paul-ince-five-match-ban

Ince was sent to the stands during the game for throwing a water bottle, but the incidents in question occurred "in or around the tunnel" after the final whistle.

He attended a disciplinary hearing on Monday accused of verbally abusing a match official, threatening a match official and violent conduct towards a match official.

Thanks, i can understand the severity of the ban then

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Tough on managers and lenient on players.

Is throwing a water bottle towards an official any worse than being in their face and shouting or swearing at them?

Only if it completely misses and hits a supporter instead ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Touchline bans are a waste of time if the manager is still allowed to sit up in the stands and relay his instructions to the assistant manager who is in the technical area pitchside. Wurzel was even sat next to Prince Charming at one of the games he was banned from gurning along the touchline.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
som refs or assistants should be banned after some of the performances i have witnessed...i'm not sure the assessors are doing there job properly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here