Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baby Peter mother 'can be released' says Parole Board

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's been a couple of days since jail and justice has caused a rabid reaction on NSC, so here's another one.

Once again the liberal in me wins out, but I wouldn't have lost any sleep if an 'accident' befell her.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-24446126

The mother of Baby Peter, Tracey Connelly, should be released from jail, the Parole Board has said.

She was jailed indefinitely, with a recommended minimum term of five years, in May 2009, for causing or allowing her son's death in north London.

A Parole Board panel recommended her release from prison following a second review of her case.

The board said arrangements and the date of the release were a matter for Justice Secretary Chris Grayling.

Baby Peter Connelly
Peter Connelly had more than 50 injuries when he died
A spokesman for Mr Grayling said the Parole Board's decision was final.

A statement from the board said: "We can confirm that a three-member panel of the board has directed the release of Tracey Connelly.

"Tracey Connelly first became eligible for parole in August 2012 and at that time a Parole Board panel made no recommendation to release."

Peter died on 3 August 2007 at home in Haringey after months of abuse.

He had more than 50 injuries, despite being on the at-risk register and receiving 60 visits from social workers, police and health professionals over eight months.

Connelly was jailed with her boyfriend Steven Barker and his brother Jason Owen, who were convicted at trial of the same offence.

Barker was jailed for life with a minimum of 10 years for raping a two-year-old girl and given a 12-year term to run concurrently for his "major role" in Peter's death.

Owen was jailed indefinitely with a minimum three-year term but later won an appeal to lower it to a fixed six-year term.

He was freed in August 2011 but was then recalled to prison in April this year.

When making its decision, the Parole Board will take into account the nature of the offence, the prisoner's offending history, the prisoner's progress in prison and any statements made on behalf of the victim.

Reports from psychologists, probation officers and prison officers are also taken into account.

Connelly will remain on licence for the rest of her life and if she breaches any of the conditions, she would most likely be recalled to custody.

Conditions can include curfews, restrictions on movements and frequent meetings with an offender manager, said a Ministry of Justice spokesman.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Sorry, I cant fathom this. Releasing her is bad enough, I would rather see her rot in jail, but her min tarrif was 5 years from 2009 yet its only 2013 and they are considering release.

And one of the others had a min 3 year term but was released in 2011.

I don't care if she has conditions placed on her liberty. She has got her life back, which is more than they allowed that poor little boy.

Whats the odds that she gets pregnant and social services allow her to keep the baby ....cos she has changed.

Bonkers. Totally bonkers

Addick

Jan 20, 2008
It really is incredible. Some of the Social Workers involved in this case are serving a life sentence albeit professionally. I cant believe this woman is being released. It just seems wrong

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Incredibly lenient sentences in the first place.

I know it is unwise to compare cases, but why should they be treated in a softer manner than someone killing someone in a fit of pique or to hide their sexual assault? Mark Bridger comes to mind.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
What is the saying: 'the measure of a civilised society is the compassion and forgiveness it demonstrates........blah blah' or similar.

Pity that Ms Connelly didn't show some of that compassion to Baby P, a defenceless infant. I'd like to think she is reformed but also share concerns she will become a Mother again when clearly she wasn't fit to have that responsibility.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Sorry, I cant fathom this. Releasing her is bad enough, I would rather see her rot in jail, but her min tarrif was 5 years from 2009 yet its only 2013 and they are considering release.

And one of the others had a min 3 year term but was released in 2011.

I don't care if she has conditions placed on her liberty. She has got her life back, which is more than they allowed that poor little boy.

Whats the odds that she gets pregnant and social services allow her to keep the baby ....cos she has changed.

Bonkers. Totally bonkers

Apparently she's served six years....two were on remand until the trial and sentencing in 2009. She was eligible for parole last August but it was not granted. Still wrong but the Parole Board have more information than is released to the public.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I hope someone metes out some 'proper' justice on her when she gets out. Perhaps she might suffer the kind of beating her poor little boy suffered.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
An absolute disgrace.

This country has a lot to answer for when it comes to things like this. There are people serving much longer sentences for fraud.

Anyone convicted of such atrocious crimes against their own children should never be released unless they agree to be sterilised so that no other children are at risk of that, this however would be against their 'human rights'

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here