Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC One +1 to be launched

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Unless my maths is failing me doesn't that already exist under the name BBC TWO?

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
ITV , Channel 4 and Five all have established +1 channels

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I think +1 usually means the exact same programmes are shown, but an hour later. Although that said, there's still already an option for that, called iPlayer.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think +1 usually means the exact same programmes are shown, but an hour later. Although that said, there's still already an option for that, called iPlayer.

BBC iPlayer is being revamped too.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
About time too. With only a machine that can record two stations, my time window for recording all the unmissable BBC tele-visual feasts will be much wider. Even with iPlayer I still can't get enough.

Just think, you can watch The Football League Show twice, in real time. A full 42.6 seconds of Albion each and every week.

A veritable smorgasbord of pleasure for such a small outlay.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
i wish they'd have a BIT of archived programmes on there. 4OD has loads of old comedies and documentaries etc. why can't iPlayer be similar?

get planet earth and all that....

That is where BBC Store comes in , the idea behind it is you buy the archived programmes and get to keep them :lolol:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Such a waste of time. In a few years people will think the idea of having a +1 channel is so quaint, when everyone can access the rest of the week's programmes via iPlayer direct onto their TV. I've never really got +1 anyway. It seems quite a specific circumstance to need a channel starting an hour later, why not two hours? Why not 24? Isn't the nature of TV programming that you occasionally miss things that you might have watched because you're out, I don't see how +1 helps massively.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Aren't they putting Radio One on TV too?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Such a waste of time. In a few years people will think the idea of having a +1 channel is so quaint, when everyone can access the rest of the week's programmes via iPlayer direct onto their TV. I've never really got +1 anyway. It seems quite a specific circumstance to need a channel starting an hour later, why not two hours? Why not 24? Isn't the nature of TV programming that you occasionally miss things that you might have watched because you're out, I don't see how +1 helps massively.

I actually find myself using +1 channels quite often, as has been mentioned it's quite good when you switch on halfway through a programme and you want to watch it from the start. I also use it sometimes if there are 2 programmes I want to watch on at the same time and I haven't set one to record.

When are they going to come out with -1 channels? Just think of the money you could make betting on football!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Er yes, I know!:ffsparr:

Unless you are watching ITV1 +1 , ITV2 +1 , ITV3 +1 or ITV4 +1 and there is a caption on screen because certain films and programmes have been acquired without the rights to show them on a time shifted channel :lol:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I actually find myself using +1 channels quite often, as has been mentioned it's quite good when you switch on halfway through a programme and you want to watch it from the start. I also use it sometimes if there are 2 programmes I want to watch on at the same time and I haven't set one to record.

When are they going to come out with -1 channels? Just think of the money you could make betting on football!

But what if you turn on half an hour late for the +1 version? I understand what you're saying but surely by that definition there's no end to how many channels there ought to be.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
But what if you turn on half an hour late for the +1 version? I understand what you're saying but surely by that definition there's no end to how many channels there ought to be.

For 5 years DMAX (one of the Discovery channels) had a +2 version on Sky until it was replaced 6 months ago by TLC +1

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I player is rubbish to watch on a pc size screen and until it becomes a matter of just plugging into the TV to watch it, without a complicated fitting and setting up system it will not be any good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here