Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa, Bridcutt and Buckley

Graham Entwhistle

Sep 24, 2013
Saving the children
So then, what are Gus's chances of luring these three to the NE in January? Always been impressed with them when I've watched Brighton.

Glad we got Mr Poyet in the end.

All the best for the rest of the season everyone :clap2:

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Bridcutt I imagine will go. Ulloa would require a massive bid of £7m+ considering we've already turned down £5m. Would be surprised if you went for Buckley unless his form improves a lot by January.

So then, what are Gus's chances of luring these three to the NE in January? Always been impressed with them when I've watched Brighton.

I will hunt you down and eat your liver if Poyet takes them.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Bridcutt's injury i think devalues him a little, but a good possibility. Gus is good at getting the best out of players (Adam El-Abd perfect example) so Cattermole could play that role. Buckley no given indifferent form, Uloa unlikely.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bridcutt will go, anything near £4m-£5m will take him I think, and he should fit right in.

Ulloa, would need £7m+, but I am not convinced Poyet will go for him.

Buckley, I'm sure even Poyet knows he needs more consistency to be a Premiership player. Injuries seem to be behind him, but hes hardly tearing up the Championship at the moment.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bridcutt will go, anything near £4m-£5m will take him I think, and he should fit right in.

Ulloa, would need £7m+, but I am not convinced Poyet will go for him.

Buckley, I'm sure even Poyet knows he needs more consistency to be a Premiership player. Injuries seem to be behind him, but hes hardly tearing up the Championship at the moment.
I agree with this analysis.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne

TBH I could see them going to a big club if they put in a decent offer but not to a relegation bound club!!!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Bridcutt will probably go, but he's too short and slow to ever really cut it in the perm anyway, Ulloa who knows, I really can't believe he has ay kind of loyalty to Poyet so it will be a case of whether both clubs can come to an agreement on his value. Buckley isn't a premiership player but if you want to offer some silly money for him then go ahead.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't think they are ready to play week in week out in the prem, so I think none of them

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Bridcutt - almost definite.

Buckley - possible.

Ulloa - no chance ( unless you want to spend the sort of money that could be spent on a way better striker - I imagine 8->10 million )

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't know whether I dreamt this, or it was day-dreaming, but I imagined GP taking Bridders up north and building the team around him.

Unfortunately, I think we have to accept the fact that sooner or later, the likes of Liam will be off to bigger and better things.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
No one has mentioned Ashley Barnes. Not a popular player with many Brighton fans, but Gus certainly values him. If he can get him for virtually nothing, he might think it worth a punt.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As I've said before, I can't see any bid going in for them. Poyet going to Sunderland makes no difference as he doesn't buy the players (one of the big sticking points for PDC was that he wanted Huddlestone and DeFanti didn't). If Sunderland wanted any of those, they'd have bid for them in the summer - they brought in 14 new players.

Poyet's big task is to bed in those 14 and get them playing as a team: there may be opportunities to buy one or two more but I'd have thought the top requirement would be proven Prem performers to get them out of a hole

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here