Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet speaks about his connection with Albion fans [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Poyet speaks about his connection with Albion fans[/h]11:16am Tuesday 8th October 2013 in Albion
Sunderland's new head coach Gus Poyet has spoken about his connection with the Albion fans.
Speaking to Sunderland's website, the former Albion manager said: "I look forward to proving my ability to the fans - I want them to believe because we need to stick together.
"I think the key behind my strong home record at Brighton was the connection with the fans - I can see that here also.
"It's a huge challenge but one I am excited about and I am grateful for the opportunity to manage in the Premier League."
Poyet, who took Albion to within two wins of the Premier League last season, said he was always confident he would get a chance to manage in the top flight.
He said: "It's a big, big challenge but*I'm really excited.
"I thought I would have an opportunity in the Premer League and now I've got it and I need to make sure I prove they picked the right man to get from the situation we are in."
Poyet gave Black Cats fans a taste of what to expect.
He said: "I'm a very honest person.*I believe football should be played one way which is caring a lot for the ball.
"Obviously that way needs to be adapted to the players."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here