Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

well done poyet!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I tend to avoid most live Premier League matches on Sky and certainly those with the strugglers, haven't even bothered to watch Palace games except on MOTD, but I will be making a point of watching Sunderland for a few games now. Not because I want Gus to fail, just because it will be fascinating to see if he can get his excellent style of football drummed into a Sunderland team for whom every game is a Cup Final at the moment.

I always had my doubts about Gus in high pressure games so look forward to seeing how he copes in an absolute pressure cooker situation week in week out.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
For showing loyalty in the naming of charlie oatway in his team,good luck charlie a brighton legend:clap2:
Wanted poyet to take sunderland down but with charlie on board i have changed my mind:blush:[/QUOTE

Wonder what Charlie will be doing.Must admit I couldn't easily see him on the coaching staff of a Prem Team.
Anyway,good luck to him.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Yes good luck to all three ,have no bones about Sunderland and hope he keeps them up .I am glad he is not our manager but grateful for what he did for our club ,and am happy to have Garcia ,but certainly wish them well for the season. And lets hope we can draw a line under it all now .

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I tend to avoid most live Premier League matches on Sky and certainly those with the strugglers, haven't even bothered to watch Palace games except on MOTD, but I will be making a point of watching Sunderland for a few games now. Not because I want Gus to fail, just because it will be fascinating to see if he can get his excellent style of football drummed into a Sunderland team for whom every game is a Cup Final at the moment.

I always had my doubts about Gus in high pressure games so look forward to seeing how he copes in an absolute pressure cooker situation week in week out.

The key question will be whether in the Premiership he can come up with a Plan B when games are not working out. From a temperament perspective as a Sunderland fan I would still be worried that they have gone and employed "Di Cameo Lite"

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Honestly surprised that Charlie took it... must be the £££s. I'd have thought that Charlton was spot on for him.

Good on Gus for trying to keep his "winning team" together. Too bad he's gone to a club that wants and needs immediate results and Gus's changes will require more time than he will get!

for showing loyalty in the naming of charlie oatway in his team,good luck charlie a brighton legend:clap2:
Wanted poyet to take sunderland down but with charlie on board i have changed my mind:blush:[/quote

wonder what charlie will be doing.must admit i couldn't easily see him on the coaching staff of a prem team.
Anyway,good luck to him.

I would imagine the better the player the easier it would be to coached,unless they think they are too good to be coached???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would imagine the better the player the easier it would be to coached,unless they think they are too good to be coached???

This what makes it so interesting, you'd think the players at that level would have the ability to play the Poyet way without too much effort. You'd expect them to have the skills from day one. It's a great way to play football, I imagine they'll be keen to learn. We'll see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here