Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any Wiltshire seagulls?

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Looking likely that I am returning to the UK for family reasons need to be near Bristol hospital. Thinking about moving to the Trowbridge area. Are there any Albion fans in this part of Wiltshire and what towns/villages would they recommend in this part area.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Trowbridge is an absolute hole, and appears to be largely populated by inbreds. Hope this helps.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thanks, sounds like Crawley, Selsey and Lancing then except a lot cheaper :down:

Crawley is a lot nicer than Trowbridge! Its a little country town, where street fights count as evening entertainment, and about half of all the shops are boarded up. Seriously - you need to do some reconnaisance before committing to settling somewhere. It is obviously surrounded by lovely countryside, and lots of much nicer villages, etc.

I should clarify I've not been to Trowbridge for a couple of years, so maybe its picked up a bit. they might have built a Westfield for all I know.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Thank you. I can't afford Sussex anymore and have to be near a children's heart hospital so within 20 miles from Bristol.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There are a good number of NSC members and Albion fans in and around Bristol, Bozza chief amongst them, and a few more in and around Swindon. Hopefully they will be along shortly with some helpful input.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I'm not sure there's actually any part of Wiltshire that is within 20 miles of Bristol. Trowbridge is 30 miles away and according to Google about 45+ minute drive. It takes me about 45 minutes from Swindon because it's just along the M4. Not that I'd recommend Swindon.

johnny jigsaw

"My life's in pieces"
I used to live and work near Chippenham, and that was quite pleasant, although I’m talking 20 years ago now. It’s about 20-25 miles away from Bristol, 2 stops on the main London to Bristol train line. I’ve visited a couple of times since then and it doesn’t seem to have changed a great deal.

I’ve got a mate who still lives & works in Wiltshire, I’ve asked him if he could give you some pointers.

I’ve got another mate who works regularly in Trowbridge; I’ve never heard him say a good word about the place.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
I used to live and work near Chippenham, and that was quite pleasant, although I’m talking 20 years ago now. It’s about 20-25 miles away from Bristol, 2 stops on the main London to Bristol train line. I’ve visited a couple of times since then and it doesn’t seem to have changed a great deal.

I’ve got a mate who still lives & works in Wiltshire, I’ve asked him if he could give you some pointers.

I’ve got another mate who works regularly in Trowbridge; I’ve never heard him say a good word about the place.

Helpful stuff - thank you :thumbsup:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Thank you. I can't afford Sussex anymore and have to be near a children's heart hospital so within 20 miles from Bristol.

Why not try Somerset? It's closer and there are small towns like Shepton, Axbridge and Frome that are quite attractive.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I'm only a brisk 14 hour walk from Trowbridge, according to Google maps.

I think I'm up in Glouc all by myself with a few others scattered between Cheltenham, Swindon and Bristol.

Have a look at places between Chippenham and Stroud. Not far from Bristol at all and lovely towns and villages between the two.

paul wickens

Wicko1
Dec 23, 2011
Looking likely that I am returning to the UK for family reasons need to be near Bristol hospital. Thinking about moving to the Trowbridge area. Are there any Albion fans in this part of Wiltshire and what towns/villages would they recommend in this part area.

I live in Bath which is closer to Bristol and a lovely city but not cheap! Bradford upon Avon, Corsham, Chippenham all in Wiltshire are good alternatives. In Somerset, have a look at Frome, Peasedown and Keynsham.
Good luck!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I have been to Wiltshire if that helps?

asmith

Sep 22, 2009
Wiltshire

TrowVegas gets a bad press but it's cheap and liveable, has to exist to make our Bradford on avon happy in its own little lovely world. Great being a seagull out here, but with a dump like Yeovil as the closest away game there are disadvantages!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Cameron Wilshire?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I'm not sure there's actually any part of Wiltshire that is within 20 miles of Bristol. Trowbridge is 30 miles away and according to Google about 45+ minute drive. It takes me about 45 minutes from Swindon because it's just along the M4. Not that I'd recommend Swindon.

There is nothing wrong with Swindon if you choose the right parts....its the same as any other city, good parts and bad parts.

Anyway its to far from Bristol for the OP its about 30 -40 mins, but Ive lived here for 25 years ( bar 2 years in Manila) so if OP wants any info PM me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here