Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie to Sunderland (Merged)

Can we now consign the rumour (stated as fact on here) that Charlie stuck one on Gus after the Palace game as a load of old balls then.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Taricco and Oatway gone with Gus to Sunderland

Oatway has hit the jackpot there! Will be strange seeing him in the Sunderland kit. Not sure how the players will respond to his ape like rants, I thought he only got away with that at Albion because hes was part of the furniture.

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
Football never ceases to amaze - it really does exists outside of almost every convention of normal life. Charlie Oatway must think all his Christmases have come at once.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Sunderland have named former Brighton boss Gus Poyet as their new head coach on a two-year deal.
The Black Cats lie bottom of the Premier League and sacked Paolo Di Canio in September after only 13 games.
Poyet, 45, who was dismissed by the Seagulls in June will be joined at the Stadium of Light by his former Brighton backroom staff of Mauricio Taricco and Charlie Oatway.

Good luck to them all I hope it works out well they did a great job down here but we move on

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Tanno probably not surprising, Charlie more so I would have thought. I assume that means Kevin Ball is out.

I'd have been very surprised if Taricco hadn't come but I wasn't expecting Oatway. I thought Kevin Ball could have been Poyet's equivalent of Oatway here.
Ball will revert to his job in the youth set-up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Will a puffer jacket be enough for Tanno up North? I'd recommend him to invest in a Canada Goose coat. He's not a fan of the cold.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Can we now consign the rumour (stated as fact on here) that Charlie stuck one on Gus after the Palace game as a load of old balls then.

I fell for that particular 'hilarious' fishing trip, good to know it was rubbish.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Good luck Charlie :thumbsup:

Think Poyet's still a good manager but not looking forward to the moans and drama when we play them next season, they're spending 20X our total budget and he squeaks a 1-0 on 1 shot to 3 and the players are diving all over the place. Will be interesting to see how much we get for Bridcutt and Ulloa though

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Sunderland have named former Brighton boss Gus Poyet as their new head coach on a two-year deal.
The Black Cats lie bottom of the Premier League and sacked Paolo Di Canio in September after only 13 games.
Poyet, 45, who was dismissed by the Seagulls in June will be joined at the Stadium of Light by his former Brighton backroom staff of Mauricio Taricco and Charlie Oatway.

I like John Byrne's view on the subject, " The Ego has landed "

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Will a puffer jacket be enough for Tanno up North? I'd recommend him to invest in a Canada Goose coat. He's not a fan of the cold.

I think we've fooled Gus and co.; it's been unseasonably warm and sunny up here for the last few days.
I'd suggest double-strength thermals when taking training at The Academy Of Light; the wind blows mighty cold on The North Sea Coast.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Some of us said Gus would take Charlie to whichever job he got but weren't believed (perhaps farly considering he wasnt the direct assistant manager)....

Amazing how a fake rumour about a punch up and a ridiculous belief that Gus only looks out for himself can become "the truth". I think you'd be suprised just how many of his backroom staff Gus wanted to take to his next job.

But again...he's selfish isnt he?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here