Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southwick

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As part of my "Not really sure what goes on between Shoreham and Brighton" series, can I ask the great and the good of NSC the following:

What's Southwick like to live in?

And - what's the Glebe primary school like?

Thanks.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
was in the ship sat night,old fashioned boozer lol

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
As part of my "Not really sure what goes on between Shoreham and Brighton" series, can I ask the great and the good of NSC the following:

Thanks.

Some parts of Southwick are nice, The Glebe School is very good, my 3 all went there.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Not forsaking the West country Shirley?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Why the glebe Darren ?
Better off at eastbrook primary that's just been made an academy this year
My wife is premesis manager there and facilities are excellent now plus the use of an indoor swimming pool

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
I went to Glebe, top school. Stay away from the seafront and it's pretty good. I grew up in Southwick. Seemed nicer back then though (20 years+ ago)

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
mystery towers.jpg

Used to have "Mystery Towers"

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Southwick is good. The only problem with it is the lack of a decent boozer.

There aren't really any bad ones now the Pilot and Windmill have gone but The Cricketers/Romans (formerly owned by a Brighton fan, who I think posts on here) and The Ship don't really offer much above an average pub.

I would also say that if you are looking then use the railway line-Old Shoreham Rd-Kingston Lane-Leisure centre as your boundary as anything outside of that is a bit too far away from everything (shops, decent transport, pubs)

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
There are some really nice streets close to Southwick station, not much of a town centre, but some useful shops and okay pubs, plus the beach is quite pleasant. There is less happening north of the Old Shoreham Road, although there are some great views, plus easy access to the Downs with some lovely walks.

I can't comment on primary schools, Shoreham Academy which is walking distance from Southwick is a great facility and very much a school on the up.

MARKO

Dec 13, 2007
re boozers..join the twitten club (southwick sports ) cheap beer.... 3D large screen TV's always showing sport.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
There's also champion house, all male drinking club with snooker tables etc and regular trips to horse racing events

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick

Thanks.

Both my boys went to Glebe really good school highly recommended. Southwick not that glamorous but has all we need close by.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Why the glebe Darren ?
My wife is premesis manager there and facilities are excellent now plus the use of an indoor swimming pool

Moggy, is that a primary or a secondary? I saw you put made into an academy! I didn't realise primaries were now going down this route.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why the glebe Darren ?

It was the closest (and possibly only) school that showed up on RightMove. As I say - I don't know the area at all - I'd not eve heard of Glebe about 2 hours ago.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
i went to the glebe...its changed a bit :whistle: overall its a quiet and relatively pleasant place..shorehams bang next door..dont fancy considering that?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Being a Shoreham lad at heart I always had something of a dim view of Southwick, but I'm sure it's got some lovely areas. Not much else to add, to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here