Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ince and Kaz

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
For me the outstanding players of the last few games (even though Ince has been omitted, for some strange reason since the Bolton game - said something out of place is the only reason I can think of).

I'm sure their respective qualities will not have gone unnoticed, especially Kaz who has scared the crap out of every defender he has faced and I believe he is out of contract at the end of the season, so given our current lack of progress (whatever reasons, players don't care, they need to progress THEIR careers) will he sign a new one or look to go elsewhere, likewise with Ince who has proved very capable at this level and will not want to sit on the bench forever (I wouldn't, in his position, especially as Garcia seems to think lightweight Spaniards and premiership 'has beens' are better).

I can't help thinking with Ince in the side for the last 3 games, we would have had a better haul of points

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
For me the outstanding players of the last few games (even though Ince has been omitted, for some strange reason since the Bolton game - said something out of place is the only reason I can think of).

I'm sure their respective qualities will not have gone unnoticed, especially Kaz who has scared the crap out of every defender he has faced and I believe he is out of contract at the end of the season, so given our current lack of progress (whatever reasons, players don't care, they need to progress THEIR careers) will he sign a new one or look to go elsewhere, likewise with Ince who has proved very capable at this level and will not want to sit on the bench forever (I wouldn't, in his position, especially as Garcia seems to think lightweight Spaniards and premiership 'has beens' are better).

I can't help thinking with Ince in the side for the last 3 games, we would have had a better haul of points

I couldn't agree more but I'll think you'll find a fair few folks on NSC who believe that Ince is too raw for our first team at the moment. Utter crap in my view but each to his own opinion, of course.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think Andrews and Crofts are better, more consistent players than Ince right NOW. Ince still makes a lot of mistakes which a lot of people seem to be choosing to ignore.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
He's starting to settle down a bit now I feel , he looks very promising but surely it's a tad too early to completely judge it Ince wise

Kaz after a very shaky run of play starts to show brief signs of that dynamo he was at the start of his Albion career.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
k2blue sky - much as I said. :smile:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Kaz has been very good, and perhaps we just have to accept that every so often he will do something that is genuinely retarded and you wouldn't expect of a Blue Square Premier player. I do wish he'd get his head up once in a while though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How many mistakes did he make against Bolton then?

Putting them through on goal by rushing a pass when there was no pressure on and the referee was quite clearly in the way of the pass? He overhits passes quite a lot as well - understandable though as he is young and looks very nervous. Don't get me wrong there is definitely talent there but a lot of people have gone way overboard.

I've been at the last three games and for me Crofts and Lua Lua were the only ones who stood out over the three games.

A bad trip for me, two defeats and a last minute draw. I'll be back for Bmuff Barnlsey and Leicester, hopefully we will be back to normal by then.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
You don't play promising young players week-in, week-out. Ince needs time to develop and mature and it looks to me as though he is in good hands.

Look what happened to Dunk two seasons ago, put in a couple of excellent performances but was overused and hasn't got near the squad since.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Both should definitely be on the retain ASAP list for me. Kaz struggles with injuries and is playing with one now, it still amazes me why people are so confused when he starts one game and is on the bench for the next - simply because he physically cannot manage it, regardless of how well he plays. That said, he can be frustrating as he blows hot and cold and he is selfish at times, but right now he's on fire and proving why we need to give him another year (minimum), if not two or three.

Ince has been great but it's correct IMO for him to be an understudy to Andrews/Bridcutt for now - he's proved himself able so we know if we need him, he can be called upon and trusted. But overexposure can be a problem for some players - look at JFC who was fantastic through our injury spell 2 years ago, then had a shocker against Newcastle and his confidence was completely knocked. Young players are generally inconsistent, that comes with age and experience. Ince is running on adrenaline in the early stages of his career, and one big mistake or one bad game could see him regress rather than push on. Having him as cover and the odd game here and there is the right thing to do, to manage expectations and also to manage his development.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

I agree with this too. For me it was a toss up between Ince and Kaz for MotM against Bolton. RI looks surprisingly calm in possession for such an inexperienced player. On the question of midfield I wonder if Bridcutt is going to have less influence on his return. I hope not, but Oscar's pacier approach might not be so much to his liking as Gus's steady possession play.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I don't think that 3-4 first team games from Ince means that he will be pissed off about sitting on the bench all of a sudden.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I get the rotation idea but he's been dropped for Bruno which makes no sense to me. This is his window of opportunity as Bridcutt is injured. He could very well go the test of the season without being played once Bridcutt and orlandi return.

If you're going to keep a promising youngster on the bench the replacement should at least be good (eg Ward) rather than Conway for March or lopez/bruno for Ince.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Based on current form he's better choice than Andrews as well, who has gone right off the boil.

I agree, the only thing I saw Andrews do on Saturday was manage to get his head to a ball that was clearly going out for a throw to us, turning it into a throw to them down near our goal. We were dead and buried by then anyway (I think).

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I get the rotation idea but he's been dropped for Bruno which makes no sense to me. This is his window of opportunity as Bridcutt is injured. He could very well go the test of the season without being played once Bridcutt and orlandi return.

If you're going to keep a promising youngster on the bench the replacement should at least be good (eg Ward) rather than Conway for March or lopez/bruno for Ince.

From what I have seen of Conway so far, I'd prefer to give Solly a go.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Me two times a million. I knew it when we signed him. It makes no sense replacing an exciting youth prospect with an old loanee who won't care.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here