PUBLISHED
15:12 7th October 2013
by James Hilsum
They have got the right attitude and are setting the right standard"
Simon Rusk
BRISTOL CITY******** 1
Bishop 30ALBION ***************** 2
Trialist 80, Rowe-Hurst 90
Simon Rusk praised the character of his players after Albion’s Under-18s earned a hard-fought victory at Bristol City.
Marley Bishop gave the Robins the lead with a deflected strike in the 30th minute, but Albion hit back with two late goals from, with Jack Rowe-Hurst’s 90th minute free-kick securing the win.
Rusk told seagulls.co.uk “We came in at half-time and we weren’t happy as a group; myself and the players. But I’ve got to give the boys a lot of credit; I had a pop at one or two of them at half- time and they’ve come out and given 100 per cent.
“What pleased me most is that the players were the ones at the end who put their hands up and said they weren’t pleased with the performance. They have got the right attitude and are setting the right standard.”
Although Rusk admitted under-18 football is not focused on results he is delighted to see a winning mentality in his players.
“For me personally, the performance is always the priority but it’s absolutely right that I want to breed winners and for the players to wear the badge with a lot of pride; and I believe I have got that.
“We have played better this season and not picked up three points, so maybe that was a bit of lady luck coming our way for past performances.”
Albion: Wray (GK); Collar, Horncastle (Barclay 64), Trialist, Benham, Barnett; Wiltshire (Deen 45), Benham, Harris; Hutchinson, Muitt, Maguire-Drew (Rowe-Hurst 64).
Subs not used: Colquhoun (GK), Tighe.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here