Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Fan" in WSU block B

May 9, 2008
Stanmore, London
A so called "fan" in WSU block B at the Forest game.

When Barnes was subbed did the following:
- stood up
- giving the w@nker sign :tosser:
- shouted at the top of his voice telling him to f*ck off

When fans around him protested they were also told f*ck off.

Not the best form of encouragement for our only fit senior striker... :facepalm:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Brave man. Would he be so bold to Ashleys face?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Was he sitting next to this man:

smithers.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I can understand verbal abuse of a player who clearly isn't putting effort in, or jumping out of tackles etc (Dobbie, Harley) but to abuse a player who is giving it 100% but just isn't quite up to it is BAFFLING. What's the logic? Genuinely, what's the thinking?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Because, as supporters, it's all about them.

But what is it you are abusing that player FOR? Not being good enough at football? That's almost like an "ism", like abusing someone for the colour of their hair, their gender, the fact they wear glasses, etc, etc.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can understand verbal abuse of a player who clearly isn't putting effort in, or jumping out of tackles etc (Dobbie, Harley) but to abuse a player who is giving it 100% but just isn't quite up to it is BAFFLING. What's the logic? Genuinely, what's the thinking?

Do you really imagine, that there is some 'thinking' involved?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Do you really imagine, that there is some 'thinking' involved?

Obviously not, but I just don't get it. Sure, I'll feel disappointed and annoyed when a player doesn't do the basics, but standing up and screaming "YOU ARE SHIT"? What exactly is that meant to achieve? Do you really think the player was just thinking how brilliant they were at that moment, and you're just reminding them?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I don't think Barnes will be overly worried, you've got to take the rough with the smooth in his position.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He was very poor on saturday and I am generally not an Ash basher, he has a place in our squad for sure.

Refs are catching onto him now tho, everytime on saturday he is heading for the floor before the ball is near him, not even an attempt to hold it up, just wanted a free kick.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Obviously not, but I just don't get it. Sure, I'll feel disappointed and annoyed when a player doesn't do the basics, but standing up and screaming "YOU ARE SHIT"? What exactly is that meant to achieve? Do you really think the player was just thinking how brilliant they were at that moment, and you're just reminding them?

Some fans are inadequate people who vent their frustrations on others. He's probably very hen pecked at home.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

The second half was very frustrating, especially after they went down to 10. This chap was probably just venting his frustration at Barnes, which whilst largely illogical, is a lot less baffling than the brilliant specimens who boo him when he is coming ON.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
The subtle difference being - I'm not paid 5k ish a week to be a (convincing) long haired hippie rock God. The only 'ism here is a organism who can't hit the back of the net. I do agree however, that the person shouting the abuse should be told to pipe down.

Kosh

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He was very poor on saturday and I am generally not an Ash basher, he has a place in our squad for sure.

Refs are catching onto him now tho, everytime on saturday he is heading for the floor before the ball is near him, not even an attempt to hold it up, just wanted a free kick.

I actually think both he and Ulloa (in his one game back before getting injured) have regressed a bit in terms of going down WAY too easily. Looks really poor.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The subtle difference being - I'm not paid 5k ish a week to be a long haired hippie rock God. The only 'ism here is a organism who can't hit the back of the net. I do agree however, that the person shouting the abuse should be told to pipe down.

Kosh

He's not going to ask to be paid LESS is he? Let's live in the real world for a second. As I said - fair enough if that player isn't TRYING, but if they are giving 100%, how can you have a go? It's not THEIR fault if they aren't good enough, is it?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Things are a little tense, I can see. Look I love the Albion and as such I fully support the players we have. My point was simply that you can't really be comparing calling some random stranger a four eyed something or other to abusing a man who is paid by the supporters to score goals for the club. I'm not defending the abuse, but we seem (as a collective) to be very touchy at the moment. Times are tough, yeah, but it aint quite Purple MKIV just yet.

Kosh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here