Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince, the new Adam Virgo?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This is just something that has been going through my mind since the latest toothless performance from our 'strikers' on Saturday evening.

Is it worth throwing Rohan Ince upfront for our next fixture at Yeovil in the hope he can get on the end of something? He is a big lad, almost seven feet tall and nearly as wide, surely he could do at least as good a job as Ash is doing at the moment? The decision to throw Adam Virgo in as an emergency striker occurred under similar circumstances nearly a decade ago, and he did well enough. Rohan is only warming the bench at the moment so l feel it's worth a try. Get Leo back and Rohan can go back to his favoured midfield position.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I thought from the title, that you had heard Celtic were lining up an extravagant bid for him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is just something that has been going through my mind since the latest toothless performance from our 'strikers' on Saturday evening.

Is it worth throwing Rohan Ince upfront for our next fixture at Yeovil in the hope he can get on the end of something? He is a big lad, almost seven feet tall and nearly as wide, surely he could do at least as good a job as Ash is doing at the moment? The decision to throw Adam Virgo in as an emergency striker occurred under similar circumstances nearly a decade ago, and he did well enough. Rohan is only warming the bench at the moment so l feel it's worth a try. Get Leo back and Rohan can go back to his favoured midfield position.

That would have been worth a gamble on Saturday as we were trailing by 2 goals and Barker offers us nothing from the bench that others cant give. In fact I would think Barkers days are very numbered, another Jake Robinson.

Even Forest threw on Halford up front to stop our defenders coming forward.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think we should try Brezovan and Ankergren up front. After all they are both big lads :facepalm:

Oct 25, 2003
I'd much rather he concentrated on his best position where he is developing into a fine footballer

I really hate playing players out of position. Hate it

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If Oscar is rejecting forwards because they will not suit our style, as has been suggested, I really can't see him using Ince up front. He won't even play him in midfield where he was MoM when he last played.

Using Virgo was desperation for a team that really did have no money. I refuse to believe we don't have the money for a loan striker and pray that the delay really is because we are looking for one that fits. Barnes is not capable of fulfilling the Ulloa role so we need to find someone who is and that doesn't mean chucking in an inexperienced defender/midfielder.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
If Oscar is rejecting forwards because they will not suit our style, as has been suggested, I really can't see him using Ince up front. He won't even play him in midfield where he was MoM when he last played.

Using Virgo was desperation for a team that really did have no money. I refuse to believe we don't have the money for a loan striker and pray that the delay really is because we are looking for one that fits. Barnes is not capable of fulfilling the Ulloa role so we need to find someone who is and that doesn't mean chucking in an inexperienced defender/midfielder.

I think Nathan Jones made clear on saturday that they were struggling to find a like for like fo Ulloa and were lining up a replacement of a different style.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Let's get him good enough to be a first team player in his BEST position first, before looking at mucking him around at a young age.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Brezovan in the warm up always looks to have a good fierce strike on him, worth a shot.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think Nathan Jones made clear on saturday that they were struggling to find a like for like fo Ulloa and were lining up a replacement of a different style.

True, but while we wait for this 'elusive' loan striker we continue to fail in our quest for goals. Playing Ince up front would only ever be until that player arrives.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
True, but while we wait for this 'elusive' loan striker we continue to fail in our quest for goals. Playing Ince up front would only ever be until that player arrives.

That player will be here before the international break closes. And let's face it, Ince is not going to play up front ever. Think Jones said that they were targeting another player as well whough he didn't specify that was a striker.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Not even that long just the last 10 - 15 mins last Saturday which may have rescued us a point as we didnt look like scoring with what we had on the field. I am sorry to say Barker is a complete waste of a substitute spot, March would have been a far better option..

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
To be honest if we're just looking for bodies to fill a space at the front of our line up then I'd rather we used one of our youngsters trained in that position. They may very well not be good enough but the experience will do them good, and would surely be more valuable to us than deploying a player there who has no long term future in that position.

Anyway, both Lua Lua and Buckley know how to score, why don't we just chuck one of them up there and Ince can have a spot in midfield again?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To be honest if we're just looking for bodies to fill a space at the front of our line up then I'd rather we used one of our youngsters trained in that position. They may very well not be good enough but the experience will do them good, and would surely be more valuable to us than deploying a player there who has no long term future in that position.

Anyway, both Lua Lua and Buckley know how to score, why don't we just chuck one of them up there and Ince can have a spot in midfield again?

Ince is a defensive central midfielder, Lua Lua and Buckley are attacking wingers, so doesn't quite work like that. Ince is behind Crofts and Andrews in the pecking order at the moment, that's why he's not playing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Interestingly, he was signed as a centre back.

Yep. And the other DS holding midfielder, Courtney Richards, was signed from Coventry, as a striker. If we want another kid up front, he'd be more likely than Ince.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here