Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster-Caskey...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Yes he is young and Yes he has some talent, but I dont think I have seen him show any real signs of improvement. maybe a year out last season has slowed down his progression and knocked his confidence, he doesnt seem to be playing with much at the moment, but bar, one shot/cross Saturday he was virtually non-existent.

Maybe its too many people on here raving about him, have increased some expectation, but he really doesnt seemed to have matured physically just yet, hopefully this changes and he can start to impose himself on games, lack of any real pace also doesnt seem to help.

No doubt i will get told to shut up but, just wanted others views.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think he is the type of player that looks good when the team are playing well, less so when we don't. He needs to be on the ball a lot, and in some games he has played in this season we have been losing possession too much for him to have this.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
He hasn't set the world on fire so far this season but to be fair apart from Ince, Crofts and Ulloa who in our team has been playing consistantly well thus far?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He doesnt seem to be improving with appearances but having said that I thought that he was the wrong choice for Forest it should have been Ince to sit in front of the back four and help them out defensively which would have prevented 2 of the goals.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Not good enough at the moment, but only players who are good enough for top 6 on this seasons performances:

PIG
WArd
Crofts
Ince
Andrews
Lua Lua
Ulloa

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Maybe its too many people on here raving about him.

I must have missed that. He's done ok but needs to raise his game soon or he'll be back in the stiffs.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I thought he was one of our better players on Saturday but don't let that stop you slagging off a 19 year old lad playing in the second tier of English Football against one of the best sides in the league.

Hard lot to please aint you.

I don't think there were many people raving about him either, for a short time he was U18/19 England Captain which obviously had people excited.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I think JFC is a much better footballer than Ince, however the size and strengh allows him to compete at Championship level.

JFC's performances so far this season have reminded me very much like Gary Dickers last team, wants to much time on the ball and when he doesnt have it panics and losses possession.

Plenty of time to improve of course, but just a little suprising that Ince IMO has/will over take him in the pecking order.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I must have missed that. He's done ok but needs to raise his game soon or he'll be back in the stiffs.

In the past, not this season.

Last year, many people were moaning Poyet wasnt giving him a game and he was this tremendous talent who would walk into the team if it wasnt for Gus not wanting to play youth players.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
I thought JFC had a solid (if unspectacular) game on Saturday. He defended well and allowed KLL to get forward without working back too much.
Having said that, I can't always tell who is who from WSU with the yellow numbers. Sometimes I might be giving him credit for what Crofts or Andrews is doing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that Lopez came on and produced hi best play this season with some very thoughtful through balls that were not capitalised on. Get Bridcuttr and Orlandi back and he will be back to last seasons late form.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
I thought that Lopez came on and produced hi best play this season with some very thoughtful through balls that were not capitalised on. Get Bridcuttr and Orlandi back and he will be back to last seasons late form.

Really? I thought Dave was looking good for first 5 mins (compared to his previous form this season anyway) then just switched off again.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I thought he was one of our better players on Saturday but don't let that stop you slagging off a 19 year old lad playing in the second tier of English Football against one of the best sides in the league.

Hard lot to please aint you.

I don't think there were many people raving about him either, for a short time he was U18/19 England Captain which obviously had people excited.

Thought he was pretty good myself too. I was quite surprised to see him substituted but then i guess we needed some experience at that point to a degree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here