Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

buying a new van

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm looking to buy a used medium sized van..citreon dispatch ...similiar model by fiat and Peugeot ..or say a VV transporter ...any advice on which

TIA

unklbrian

Feb 4, 2012
VW Transporter is a solid vehicle

I had a T5 [06] Diesel Turbo , very few probs with it apart from a slight leak in Powersteering [not resolved] - a pipe in turbo cracked [£40ish] , and a common prob - the central locking electrics left passenger door locked [to do with damp getting under mat and buggering electrical connection] [£30]

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Not Citroen, I've purchased two in the last three years, nothing but trouble.

Mercedes or VW for me next.

Would say though lease rather than buy

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Transporters hold their price we'll but it's affording one in the first place!

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Pay the extra mate, VW's are reliable and hold their value. I also highly recommend keeping the seats in good nick with covers as there is a healthy market with people converting them into campers and they pay more if seats/cab is in top condition.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I've had 2 Mercedes Vito vans and will probably buy my 3rd next year. !st generation (97 -2003) suffered with rust,quite appallingly in some cases. 2nd generation (2004 up to about 2012) brilliant van. Best thing about them is I believe they are the only van to come as standard with 2 sliding side loading doors. These are very handy meaning you never have to stretch to get anything out. They hold their money well although probably no quite as well as a VW.Other consideration is the Vito has been rear wheel drive since 2004 approx resulting in a slightly higher loading height at floor level. My advice is try a Vito and if possible a VW in the same day then decide. Renault/Vauxhall/Nissan offerings are all the same vehicle badged differently and ,in my opinion best avoided as is anything French. Toyota Hiace is a very good van as is apparently the Hyundai offering.It's a minefield out there come to think of it. Good luck.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Feck me, since when did Gardeners earn more than Plumbers:eek:[/QUOTE]

lol..an old one is on a par with a VV...on a different subject i heard u left early last tuesday and missed the goal :ffsparr:

PS its garden and grounds maintenance

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Pay the extra mate, VW's are reliable and hold their value. I also highly recommend keeping the seats in good nick with covers as there is a healthy market with people converting them into campers and they pay more if seats/cab is in top condition.

As it will be my only vehicle i always use seat covers :)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've had 2 Mercedes Vito vans and will probably buy my 3rd next year. !st generation (97 -2003) suffered with rust,quite appallingly in some cases. 2nd generation (2004 up to about 2012) brilliant van. Best thing about them is I believe they are the only van to come as standard with 2 sliding side loading doors. These are very handy meaning you never have to stretch to get anything out. They hold their money well although probably no quite as well as a VW.Other consideration is the Vito has been rear wheel drive since 2004 approx resulting in a slightly higher loading height at floor level. My advice is try a Vito and if possible a VW in the same day then decide. Renault/Vauxhall/Nissan offerings are all the same vehicle badged differently and ,in my opinion best avoided as is anything French. Toyota Hiace is a very good van as is apparently the Hyundai offering.It's a minefield out there come to think of it. Good luck.

Thanks..it will probably be a 2007/8 i will look at...along with a VV.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here