Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inflatables at football

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've seen plenty of inflatables (not bananas) at matches in the last dozen or so years. At MKDons they all got confiscated for 'Health & Safety' reasons.
:rant:

I remember a game at Plymouth where the game was so dire, the most enjoyment that we had was throwing a Shrek donkey around.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Absolutely, would not be allowed today due to serious health and safety implications.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I remember a beachball at Sunderland once. Think it even ran onto the pitch and interfered with play or something......................

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It seems a bit nuts now when you look back, but I remember buying my inflatable seagull and taking it to Palace and other places in the 80's. very sad craze!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yep. Remember a Gulls Eye coach going up to Shrewsbury one season and everyone piling off looking like they's had an entertaining journey up clutching inflatable seagulls. Also remember spending the majority of a last away of the season at Port Vale playing volleyball with a beach ball on their big away terrace. Honestly can't even remember the score from that one......

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yep. Remember a Gulls Eye coach going up to Shrewsbury one season and everyone piling off looking like they's had an entertaining journey up clutching inflatable seagulls. Also remember spending the majority of a last away of the season at Port Vale playing volleyball with a beach ball on their big away terrace. Honestly can't even remember the score from that one......

1-0 to the Albion - Watto. We had a beach party on the terrace.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
1-0 to the Albion - Watto. We had a beach party on the terrace.

The one I was thinking of was in the middle of the inflatables craze. The Watto game was later and I missed it as, despite having a ticket I also had the two bob bits having just returned from India.

However having googled our matches round that time we didn't play Port Vale at the end of a season so it was either another festive occasion or just totally random. My poor befuddled brain.

EDIT: Probably only Baron Pepperpot or Seagulls Over Lewes of regulars could help me out here.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
The one I was thinking of was in the middle of the inflatables craze. The Watto game was later and I missed it as, despite having a ticket I also had the two bob bits having just returned from India.

However having googled our matches round that time we didn't play Port Vale at the end of a season so it was either another festive occasion or just totally random. My poor befuddled brain.

EDIT: Probably only Baron Pepperpot or Seagulls Over Lewes of regulars could help me out here.

We did play Port Vale away just before Christmas in 1990. That was a legendary occasion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here