Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland announcement today,,,

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Expect to see a certain South America ex Brighton and Hove Albion manager. Holding a Sunderland scarf above his head later today, grinning from ear to ear.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It seems as though all their investigations haven't put them off. I hope he does well.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Hope so.

And then we can draw a line under this sorry business ( as long as he drops his talked about litigation ), and Gus can set about helping to relegate Palace.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Looking forward to seeing Charlie Oatway on the sidelines arguing with the likes of Wenger, Moyes and Pelligrini.

Lovely.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Hope so.

And then we can draw a line under this sorry business ( as long as he drops his talked about litigation ), and Gus can set about helping to relegate Palace.

I very much doubt it ... fully expect a Poyet thread every day re some tittle tattle ................. or performance ............ or what their fans are saying .............. or what he's saying .......... etc

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Expect to see a certain South America ex Brighton and Hove Albion manager. Holding a Sunderland scarf above his head later today, grinning from ear to ear.

I love how you can make any sentence sound like a dig at Gus, even if it's a totally logical and reasonable sentence.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whatever Gus is off the pitch, he is a bloody good manager on it. He'll do OK if he gets enough time to implement his style. May take a few games but he'll get there.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I suspect that Poyet had a hand in getting Oatway in at Charlton as he does have contacts there. That's just my opinion.

Our new assistant manager also has contacts at Charlton and is an old team mate of Charlie so it just as easily could have been Jonah helping his old mate out.

Can prem teams loan players from the championship???...I honestly don't know.

They can but not until January when the transfer window opens.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Most people seem determined to see him succeed or fail at his next club. I don't really care either way, so looking at it objectively I would say it is a good opportunity for Gus to prove he has something special, but also a massive risk as there is obviously the possibility of relegation, which would pretty much hammer all the nails into his Chelsea/Spurs coffin in one go. Sunderland are already 6 points from safety and need about 38 points from 31 games to stay up. That will not be easy with a squad that must be low on confidence. Plus, as we saw ourselves, it can take time for Gus to get his message across, and if it takes him several months they will be bankers for the drop by Christmas. On the other hand, if he keeps them up, even if it's just on goal difference on the last day of the season, he will have earned a significant boost to his CV, bearing in mind the position they are in when he takes over.

One thing he can do very well is tighten up a defence, that'll be a start. Expect a few draws in his early days there. This is assuming Tanno joins him

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I hope he is successful in guiding Sunderland up to 19th place.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here