Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Monday morning dilemma

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry to add more misery to an already grumpy board, but I have another problem that needs airing.

I don't think it's fixtures, but forgive if we've already covered this:-

2 slices of toast, only enough marmite for 1.

Now I loves my marmite, and I loves my marmalade.
Obviously you can't have one slice of each, so what the fook am I supposed to do?

To compound the issue still further one of the slices of bread was a crust, therefore that has to have marmite, so I couldn't go all in for the marmalade.

Once again I apologise for yet more pain and suffering, I'm sure many were looking for a fresh start today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why can't you have 1 of each or do you only own 1 knife and no washing up liquid?
Do you have no taste buds?

Marmalade and marmite in the same sitting.

CRAZY TALK FROM A CRAZY PERSON.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do you have no taste buds?

Marmalade and marmite in the same sitting.

CRAZY TALK FROM A CRAZY PERSON.

I must be crazy then as I would eat the marmite on the crust, drink some tea to cleanse my palate and then have the other slice with marmalade. A meal later in the day would have savoury first and then sweet, so why not breakfast?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My niece will put a different topping on each quarter of a slice of toast. Marmite, James, chocolate spread and I think peanut butter.

What's the difference between one slice or marmite followed by one slice of marmalade, and a steak followed by a chocolate pudding? It's not madness, it's a classic savoury followed by sweet combination that has served our taste buds well for many a generation.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I have Marmite and peanut butter together on toast, it has to be crunchy though.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
My niece will put a different topping on each quarter of a slice of toast. Marmite, James, chocolate spread and I think peanut butter.

What's the difference between one slice or marmite followed by one slice of marmalade, and a steak followed by a chocolate pudding? It's not madness, it's a classic savoury followed by sweet combination that has served our taste buds well for many a generation.

Oooh, is James her boyfriend?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Savoury and sweet is all fine and dandy at 8pm after a day of tastebud abuse, but not at 8am.

I wish id just left the regular slice buttered and double dosed the noggin with Marmite.
I tried to have my toast and eat it, but failed, and let everybody down.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
1 Marmite and the other plain buttered.

It's the only solution.

This. Sometimes being forced to have plain buttered actually reminds you that if you get the level of butter right, it can be quite tasty.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Do you have any Bovril?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do you have any Bovril?
Brovil is strictly a bi-weekly event between the months of December and February (inclusive).

At which point I pray we don't score in the first 25 mins of the second half.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Now I loves my marmite, and I loves my marmalade.
Obviously you can't have one slice of each, so what the fook am I supposed to do?

sorry, your entire premise is flawed, there is no rational reason to not have one slice of each in a sitting. in fact i think it should be advocated. much better than that marmite/peanut butter abomination some think is clever (its not, you only do it for shock value, admit it).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here