Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apostolos Vellios, Everton striker aged 21

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
What a fine, in-depth analystical assessment of the players footballing abilities.

hehe

I like the sound of this lad, I have never seen him play.

Barnes had a poor game saturday, but he like Lopez and Kemy to a certain extent they are missing bridcutt and Orlandi who are the heartbeat of our side, linking defence - midfield - attack

I cant wait to get these 2 players back, I hope we can pick up a couple of results without them so we dont rush them back

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
May well happen. Also his contract is up at the end of the season at Everton. Could see him ending up here full time in January if he plays well on loan.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Nothing to do with football but on the Everton forum recently they were suggesting Vellios had done something that Zaha was accused of last week.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Just asked an Everton ST holder and he rates him. If it happens it's not likely to become anything permanent.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why are people obsessed with having a big man up front to hold the ball up and win headers when the answer is so simple play the ball through the defence on the ground and have nippy goal poachers to take the chances created.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Why are people obsessed with having a big man up front to hold the ball up and win headers when the answer is so simple play the ball through the defence on the ground and have nippy goal poachers to take the chances created.

Variety is the spice of life. It's good to have a big lad up front when we're playing teams like Millwall with big men at the back. All very well and good having a speedy little fella but no use when they get knocked around by the back four.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Nothing is wrong with that style of play. The problem we have is that our nippy goal poacher is still out injured for another 6-7 weeks.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would prefer to start, with nippy players with a bulk on the bench as a plan B for which Barnes could do the job. My simple solution is get Vicente back or a similar type player on a short loan/contract until Orlandi is fit, as the centre of the attacking midfield.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
There is an article in the Liverpool Echo today quoting Roberto Martinez as saying he has refused to go out on loan. Silly boy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here