Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apostolos Vellios, Everton striker aged 21

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A 21 year old striker who needs regular first team football, the Championship a likely destination. The sort of player that you'd expect to be in the frame.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
A 21 year old striker who needs regular first team football, the Championship a likely destination. The sort of player that you'd expect to be in the frame.

And a player we have, allegedly, agreed a deal to sign on loan. From the little I have seen, he looked ok.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
7 in 44 so definitely shit. No thanks. Burke taking us down this season I fear.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
How certain is this deal?

Just looked him up on their website, Vellios is a big unit, sort of Ulloa-ish.

I see that he got off to a flying start at Everton with 3 quick goals in the Prem but has fallen out of favour since then. Not a huge amount of Prem experience but I suppose he is the sort of player we could afford. Hopefully hungry enough to do a job for us and maybe even a loan to buy option?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
How certain is this deal?

Just looked him up on their website, Vellios is a big unit, sort of Ulloa-ish.

I see that he got off to a flying start at Everton with 3 quick goals in the Prem but has fallen out of favour since then. Not a huge amount of Prem experience but I suppose he is the sort of player we could afford. Hopefully hungry enough to do a job for us and maybe even a loan to buy option?

Probably not at all likely. But a man who is in a position to know people involved in player movements tells me we want him.

Even if it isn't him, a property owned by the club is being prepared for an imminent arrival. Cast iron source, no question of validity.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

He's hardly started in any of his matches with Everton though. He's been linked with Leicester and Sheff Wed in the past and Toffees fan seem to rate him, still young, certainly offers more than a Kemy or Conway.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

From Wikipedia: 'He currently mainly plays for Everton Reserves, however still holding the Premier League statistic of a goal every 86 minutes, still the highest rate at Everton during 2011-2012 season.'

So I guess a lot of those 44 games were 5 or 10 mins.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is this some sort of inside information that we are actively looking at him or is it someone that was spotted on championship manager and said" he could do a job"

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've not heard of him, but then I don't really like football (that's why I support Brighton).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here