Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"I am very proud to be the coach of this club." Oscar Garcia 5th October 2013

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I for one am proud that he is the coach of our club.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
He's not going to say anything else tbh. He'll be ok. Just needs to stop his hand writing "Spanish Dave" on every team sheet before his mind had a chance to talk to his eyes.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Re: "I am very proud to be the coach of this club." Oscar Garcia 5th October 2013

No doubt about it, his loyalty is absolutely unquestionable. Oscar just needs a bit of luck.

Absolutely this.

We're missing our key midfielder, our key creative player and two of our main strikers....expecting instant success given that and the mess over the summer would be absurd.

In Oscar We Trust.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think I EVER heard Gus say that.

How good is Oscar? We don't know but the man has so much more class than our last manager.

I am 100% behind him and it's refreshing to have him as manager. I am confident this will turn out well for all of us.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As I told Billy Davis, Oscar will be our manager long after Davis has been sacked.,

I will be far more critical of Oscar when he has had a chance to build his team and then we getting beaten like we did yesterday.

The players let themselves down badly yesterday and there were two who had stinkers of a game.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I am not sure why but I have a really good feeling about Oscar. I know things aren't going so well at the moment and he has been really unlucky with injuries. But given time and I mean as season or two, I think he will do great. I just hope we have the faith to stick with him while he gets things sorted.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am not sure why but I have a really good feeling about Oscar. I know things aren't going so well at the moment and he has been really unlucky with injuries. But given time and I mean as season or two, I think he will do great. I just hope we have the faith to stick with him while he gets things sorted.

He will get a minimum two years unless he acts like Poyet

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
:lolol:

Oh the naivety of football fans. If we were top of the league and a bigger club came in for him, he would be off in a shot.

It's just a generic thing that all players and managers say FFS!

When did Gus say it then? He had over three years to force the words out but he didn't because he wasn't.

If he did, I missed it and will be happy to see the link.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Oscar should have our full support. We've had a below average start this season, though most teams (including us) in this division are capable of putting a run together and getting themselves amongst the leading pack. Palace pre-christmas last season is one example. Hopefully our injury list will shorten over the course of the international break.

:albion2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He will get a minimum two years unless he acts like Poyet
I think that's very conservative.

If Gus had a different temperament he'd be finishing off his 4th (?) season, with no sign of a sacking.

Oscar is TB's second statement manager, I can't see his position being questioned for a fair few years.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think that's very conservative.

If Gus had a different temperament he'd be finishing off his 4th (?) season, with no sign of a sacking.

Oscar is TB's second statement manager, I can't see his position being questioned for a fair few years.

Really I had thought the club was on a 5 year plan to get into the Premiership from day 1 on the Amex where we will be fleeced beyond belief.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
:lolol:

Oh the naivety of football fans. If we were top of the league and a bigger club came in for him, he would be off in a shot.

It's just a generic thing that all players and managers say FFS!

Hmm. Unless I am going mad, I am sure he turned down La Liga club Osasuna shortly after joining us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Really I had thought the club was on a 5 year plan to get into the Premiership from day 1 on the Amex where we will be fleeced beyond belief.
All plans have to have a degree of fluidity, I'd love to me in the recruitment meeting when the point is made:-

'Oh with this being the fifth year, you will be required to gain promotion'.

I'm already resigned to not being able to afford promotion, feck knows how I'll break that news to Jnr Stat.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here