Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bates motel tv show

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Anyone else watching this brilliant new tv show on Sky, it's the prequel to the PHSYCO movies with Norman Bates
IMO one of the best American tv shows since The Sopranos it's from the makers of Lost buts it's not on one of the main Sky channels and I don't know anyone else who I've spoken to has watched it so was wondering if anyone on NSC is as addicted to this show as I am, the plots are amazing and the acting sublime
Anyone out there watching ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The 'Obscure US TV' thread has mentioned it.
I'm watching it, and I think the mother and Norman are great, but I'm not sold on the supporting cast, or the town.

There's been plenty better since The Sopranos benchmark.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
We're loving the Bates Motel here at Foul Play HQ. As you say it's brilliant

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
The 'Obscure US TV' thread has mentioned it.
I'm watching it, and I think the mother and Norman are great, but I'm not sold on the supporting cast, or the town.

There's been plenty better since The Sopranos benchmark.

As you say Norman and his mother are brilliantly played, will agree that maybe there's a little bit too much going on in such a small town with a dope farm, sex slavery etc but every 45 minute episode seems like a mini movie - loving it

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I watched the original Phsyco film recently. To think its over fifty years old and still has the ability to shock. Went against so many conventions in film for its time- leading lady killed half way through. Was Norman a Transvesite? My favourite scene is when the car with Janet Leigh's body in the boot sinks into the lake and stops half way down. Norman begins to panic at which point the car continues its decent. Classic tension.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I watched the original Phsyco film recently. To think its over fifty years old and still has the ability to shock. Went against so many conventions in film for its time- leading lady killed half way through. Was Norman a Transvesite? My favourite scene is when the car with Janet Leigh's body in the boot sinks into the lake and stops half way down. Norman begins to panic at which point the car continues its decent. Classic tension.

Not seen the original movie in over 20 years but after watching this new tv show prequel can't wait to see it again now

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not seen the original movie in over 20 years but after watching this new tv show prequel can't wait to see it again now
I've got it on the shelf, so it's not been 20 years since I watched it, although it has been a while.
Even then it's pleasing to have my memory jogged by certain aspects of the house and motel, decor furniture etc, being recreated.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpg
Chilling stuff - the young Norman Bates with his mother Norma

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here