Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What They Thought of Us

el punal

After the match yesterday, got chatting to a couple of Nottingham lads on the train back to Southampton. It was interesting to hear their opinions of the day's events.

Firstly, obviously, they were chuffed with the win and the performance. More than happy with Billy Davies and the way he's got Forest set up. They thought we were OK, that Lua Lua was the danger man but never felt that we were going to score after they went 3-1 up - no surprise there.

On the complimentary side, they thought that the Amex was brilliant with a cracking atmosphere ( I thought so too, yesterday), loved the Harveys and the padded seats to savour the victory! What was pleasing to hear is how they compared the Amex, and the crowd, to other southern clubs : Reading - OK ground but no atmosphere, Southampton - alright, no character, Bournemouth - non-league ground! and Portsmouth - a complete :shit:hole.

And on status and potential, they reckon Brighton are equal to other big city clubs like Forest(!), Leeds, Newcastle - well the thought was there! So I suppose we are on the right track, I just hope we get there sooner than later.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here