This Samantha from Vital Brighton

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
A foolish woman :dunce:

Never heard of "vital Brighton" :moo:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
He's lucky to get a 4 in the youth management section IMHO.

She also appears to be speculating wildly about is departure. The truth is there's only a handful of people that KNOW what happened. I agree that Pulis is safer but I think Gus could do a good job up there.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Gus did great things for Brighton but I think it's fair to say that he had reached a tipping point in his relationships at the club, both with the board and the fans. After the Di Canio affair I'm not sure he's what Sunderland need right now but I could be wrong. I often am.

D

Deleted member 22389

I think Poyet has been bloody rude. Not one thank you or apology to the supporters. We shouldn't have to lost to Palace at home. He is responsible for that because of his attitude that evening.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
One day, in about 300 years, someone will write an appraisal of GP that doesn't include the words "no plan b".

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Poyet is better off anywhere but Brighton. Has some good points, but they are outweighed by the bad. He over values his own stock.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Biggest load of old guff ever, that article. Full of inaccuracies and just plain old made up stuff.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Looked like that was written by one of the hard-of-thinking numpties from NSC.

Utter gibberish that 'report'.

Indeed.
You will never see your defence or keeper play a long ball, even if it means putting the team under pressure if being pressed
This shows the memory of a goldfish. Greer could play a brilliant cross field diagonal ball to Buckley who would be free to take on the keeper. Ankergren got into trouble with the fans for hoofing the ball upfield when we were beating Leeds, only for their keeper to do exactly the same thus losing the lead and drawing the game.
There are many more inaccuracies and guesses, but it's an opinion.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Gus Poyet led us to our highest league finish in 30 years. He got us promoted as league champions. He had us playing an entertaining brand of football. Like any manager he presided over highs and lows - it was after all his first job in management and he was learning.

He did engage mouth first and brain second, and let himself down when he did so.

All in all, Gus has a vision for how he wants football to be played, and it's something I'd rather follow than the Pulis vision.

It all ended sourly, and deep down I am sure every party regrets that.

Now we have Oscar, and I'm more than happy to get behind him. Naturally the jury is out, and we will lose more matches before we find our feet with him. He is attacking minded - and some might say more direct than GP. Of course, football fans are emotional, and just as you'll find BHA fans ready to dismiss Gus Poyet, you'll already find BHA fans ready to do the same to OG.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Gus Poyet led us to our highest league finish in 30 years. He got us promoted as league champions. He had us playing an entertaining brand of football. Like any manager he presided over highs and lows - it was after all his first job in management and he was learning.

He did engage mouth first and brain second, and let himself down when he did so.

All in all, Gus has a vision for how he wants football to be played, and it's something I'd rather follow than the Pulis vision.

It all ended sourly, and deep down I am sure every party regrets that.

Now we have Oscar, and I'm more than happy to get behind him. Naturally the jury is out, and we will lose more matches before we find our feet with him. He is attacking minded - and some might say more direct than GP. Of course, football fans are emotional, and just as you'll find BHA fans ready to dismiss Gus Poyet, you'll already find BHA fans ready to do the same to OG.

Great post :thumbsup: Sadly IMO I think we will regret the day we got rid of Gus Poyet. Hope I am proved wrong though.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
He's lucky to get a 4 in the youth management section IMHO.

She also appears to be speculating wildly about is departure. The truth is there's only a handful of people that KNOW what happened. I agree that Pulis is safer but I think Gus could do a good job up there.

Who are the youngsters that we had that are now doing so well?

Is Oscare doing better in bringing youngsters through?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Great post :thumbsup: Sadly IMO I think we will regret the day we got rid of Gus Poyet. Hope I am proved wrong though.

Short, even medium term YES, long term NO.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Who are the youngsters that we had that are now doing so well?

Is Oscare doing better in bringing youngsters through?

Nope - we've just had more injuries. As soon as Crofts and Andrews were back Ince was (correctly) back on the bench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here