Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar doing it his way

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I understand we did have a decent striker lined up who could have played yesterday, but Oscar turned down the move as the player didn't quite fit what he wanted.

I find that quite heartening, and I was a right moaning minnie after the game yesterday.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
But hang on that can't be true. According to the wisdom of some on here Oscar has no say on which players are brought in

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If this is true he is as cold and calculating in his field as our chairman, good. So easy to just sign a player to keep the natives happy.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I understand we did have a decent striker lined up who could have played yesterday, but Oscar turned down the move as the player didn't quite fit what he wanted.

I find that quite heartening, and I was a right moaning minnie after the game yesterday.

any hints?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

If that's true it kind of poo-poos the theory that only David Burke chooses the players.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Well at least he has his own mind and is letting them know. Hopefully he has 1-2 lined up that he does want

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
So he turns down the offer of a decent striker, and plays Barnes. Interesting.

And why no Ince? Since being MOTM we've played 3 games with him on the bench...........

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

And why no Ince? Since being MOTM we've played 3 games with him on the bench...........

Does seem very strange about Ince

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There is no point in getting someone just for the sake of getting someone.

It would be like getting Michael Own and then chucking a load of high balls at him.

However I don't know why we are loosing games with essentially the same squad as last season when we won games? Any ideas?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

What would Ince have contributed to our midfield yesterday that Andrews and Crofts didn't offer? He's not a goalscoring midfielder, and our midfield did fine defensively (back four where the issues lay there...)

I know JFC had a difficult game yesterday, but at least he's reasonably creative with his play..

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

It would be like getting Michael Own and then chucking a load of high balls at him.

However I don't know why we are loosing games with essentially the same squad as last season when we won games? Any ideas?

What can you not see? Injuries to massive players maybe contributing. I can think of 7 yesterday who would have made the 18 who did not.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

I have a good idea, maybe half of that starting 11 are out injured atm?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

Yesterday's side was not essentially the same side we had last season. Not even close.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here