Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar proud of fans' backing for injury-hit Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Oscar proud of fans' backing for injury-hit Albion[/h]1:00pm Sunday 6th October 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2636862.jpg
Oscar Garcia is appreciative of the response from supporters as he battles with Albion's injury crisis.
* Oscar Garcia has paid tribute to Albion fans for the way they are backing his injury-battered team.

* A season's best gate of almost 28,000 watched last night's 3-1 defeat by high-flying Nottingham Forest at The Amex, which leaves Oscar's side in the bottom half of the Championship table going into the international break.

* The Spanish head coach told The Argus: "I am proud of how we are playing. It's significant that the crowd was full. I am proud of the fans. One of the best things was their attitude, supporting the team all the time during a bad result.

* "I'm very proud to be part of this club and proud to be the coach of these fans, because they support the players and team all the time and they come to watch us because they know we are playing attractive football."

* Oscar was philosophical about Forest inflicting a second defeat in seven matches for his makeshift side.

* He said: "They have high level players, one of the highest budgets of the league, and we have seven or eight players that normally play injured.

* "It's hard for us to play against a team like them. When you see their bench they have many players who can change everything, but for most of the game we played face-to-face against them. We wanted to be brave and try to win against a very good team."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here