Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand Divided + Other stands

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
Why does the North Stand seem divided, always in competition with each other it seems when it comes to chanting, why not all get together and make it as loud as ever, the only time the whole of the North Stand seem to get together is when its to do the whole keeper thing....or when its "We're The North Stand Brighton Boys"

My dad was in the North Stand at Goldstone as well as here at the AMEX and he said its stupid how its become

but not just the North Stand....why are the West and East so quiet?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
That's our support. There's a lot of general moaning and sniping, for no reason. At all. Have you been to away games? Have you compared our home support to other teams'?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It was actually pretty decent against Forest in my opinion. I was right behind the team till the final whistle and so were everyone else in N1D. Easy to sing when your winning. Its been mentioned a lot there are 2 groups singing songs but little can be done about that. I follow the NW corner group as does a lot of others but unless the clun accomodates everyone who wants to sing together then especially at home you will get pockets that sing. As has been mentioned away from home we are generally one voice

Dec 29, 2011
Good atmosphere last night, we must be one of the noisier teams in the league. Forest sounded loud when they got going, but you'd expect that for a 2k following on a 5.30 Saturday KO.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Good atmosphere last night, we must be one of the noisier teams in the league. Forest sounded loud when they got going, but you'd expect that for a 2k following on a 5.30 Saturday KO.

They had nowhere near 2K

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Very loud last night, even at 1-3. Shame the North can't sort out the divide though.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Were the north stand singing 'Loyal Supporters' as people were leaving early?

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What was the point? Was it to shame the people who left early (which is petty and unnecessary) or was it another song to add to the list that are about the people singing and not about the club or the team (which is not really 'supporting', more ego driven)?

The sound of the singers at the west end of the north stand doesn't seem to reach the singers at the east end of the north stand. With both groups singing (as yesterday), it's nigh on impossible to get a co-ordinated chant going that involves both groups. Yesterday the east-end north-standers were louder than usual but, where I was sitting, this simply drowned out the sound of the west-end north-standers.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
It's hard to hear the (loud) NW corner from the east side, you sing then when you finish you hear the exact same thing 2 seconds later. Fix it by stopping the quiet people from sitting in the north, half the stand doesn't even stand up.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Why does the North Stand seem divided, always in competition with each other it seems when it comes to chanting, why not all get together and make it as loud as ever, the only time the whole of the North Stand seem to get together is when its to do the whole keeper thing....or when its "We're The North Stand Brighton Boys"

My dad was in the North Stand at Goldstone as well as here at the AMEX and he said its stupid how its become

but not just the North Stand....why are the West and East so quiet?

the lads in northwest should move back to the centre. they are great but i dont think the east side can hear them well enough to join in. however it really pisses me off when they have a go at people leaving a bit early. ok they are the best bunch of fans in the world, but that doesn't mean these other fans are bad or disloyal. i go to every home game and the odd one away. for me the difference between going 2-3 minutes early and after the final whistle is 30-40 minutes. i need to keep the wife happy and also have a life outside of football so i leave a few minutes early. if that makes me a bad or disloyal supporter, then so be it!!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Very loud last night, even at 1-3. Shame the North can't sort out the divide though.
The sound of the singers at the west end of the north stand doesn't seem to reach the singers at the east end of the north stand. With both groups singing (as yesterday), it's nigh on impossible to get a co-ordinated chant going that involves both groups. Yesterday the east-end north-standers were louder than usual but, where I was sitting, this simply drowned out the sound of the west-end north-standers.
Indeed. It's gonna continue to happen though unfortunately until the core group of consistent singers re-locate to the middle of the north (and then continue to grow in numbers). The lack of unison is annoying, but as someone who makes a conscious (but hopeless) effort to link the two sides together, you can't expect one half to patiently wait and try and make out what song the other end are singing in the distance.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
The guys in the NW corner are great but sometimes their songs go on TOO long , like "Hello Hello, we are the brighton boys" and Brighton aces gets sung every 5 minutes. I found also that when another song from the east side of the north stand gets sung, they don't join in and continue with their own ones

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I'm east side and can hear the NW corner clearly but it seems the singers around me either can't hear them or choose to ignore them - it's really frustrating.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Were the north stand singing 'Loyal Supporters' as people were leaving early?

I thought they were singing 'Local Supporters' indicating they did not have to contend with the same transport implications of those living slightly further afield.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I'm in the North stand (N1H) thought we was much louder yesterday, but still need to get others involved, i love singing along and if we could get everyone singing together would be special.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here