Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adobe Hacked!

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Anyone else received a email from Adobe saying your password has be stolen or is this a scam ?

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The bigger scam is Adobe trying to get people to rent its software...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Why do you have a password for Adobe - is it for Photoshop charged updates?
I only use Reader from Adobe - still using Paint Shop Pro ...

Adobe has moved to a subscription model so you pay for your software on a rental basis. If you stop paying you lose access to the software.

Dec 29, 2011
Adobe has moved to a subscription model so you pay for your software on a rental basis. If you stop paying you lose access to the software.

Didn't know this, what are the prices like? Sounds like a bit of scam to me.

Didn't even know people paid for software these days anyway :whistle:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Didn't know this, what are the prices like? Sounds like a bit of scam to me.

Photoshop CC is £17.58 per month...

If you were a graphic designer and needed a page layout program, an illustration app and Photoshop, you'd be paying about £47 a month.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

If you were a graphic designer and needed a page layout program, an illustration app and Photoshop, you'd be paying about £47 a month.

and how much are those products previously? £4-500 each? so if you are upgrading every couple of years, sounds about the same. you'll be writing of the cost as business expense eitherway. or just stay with an older standalone package (if like most softeware, i bet the features are diminishing returns these days)

well done you. and thats exactly why publishers want to go online only.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
If you use the programs regularly its worth it - in fact if you use just one of those programs regularly it means you get use of every Adobe program across 2 computers.

I normally find the people who never pay for a product they use are the first to complain about people using their stuff without permission of contribution

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

So long as my CS5 still allows me to illustrate, and edit photos, then I have no need to upgrade, and in light of what you've explained, I doubt I will.

Smile

Aug 19, 2011
Think its great value €29,90 per month for software which would of cost me around €5,500 to purchase out right and then I used to spend a few hundred more every couple of years upgrading. Works out much cheaper.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Maybe fine for business users but I use my Paint Shop Pro for roughly an hour every month .... certainly no more than 12 hours per year.
How much would be a fair price for me to switch to CS5 with similar usage?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here