Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First time I didn't make the AMEX because of travel

Teddy Maybank

Feb 23, 2009
I live an hour and 45 minutes drive away from Brighton. With the nightmare parking restrictions I can no longer drive to Moulscoombe or Coldean and then run to the ground. That left me with with a journey of just over 2 hours and 5 door to door.

Yesterday I would have had to drive to Mithras House park up, and take about 30 mins getting to the ground and about 45 to an hour getting back to the Park and Ride.

I'm working up north at the moment and only have about 36 hours at home with the family at the moment. I didn't go to the match last night because it would have taken up over 8 hours to get from Windsor to Brighton and see the Albion. THIS IS GETTING INSANE!!!

How are the car parks near the Amex? How long do they take to get out of. I've tried the park and rides & the trains and they don't work for me on late kick offs & mid week games.
Any ideas???

Before anyone slags me off as a newbie, I am a veteran of the Goldstone and a season ticket holder throughout Withdean and The Amex years. I also drive down after work to catch the end of the first half on midweek games an option that has now gone.

i live an hour and 45 minutes drive away from brighton. With the nightmare parking restrictions i can no longer drive to moulscoombe or coldean and then run to the ground. That left me with with a journey of just over 2 hours and 5 door to door.

Yesterday i would have had to drive to mithras house park up, and take about 30 mins getting to the ground and about 45 to an hour getting back to the park and ride.

I'm working up north at the moment and only have about 36 hours at home with the family at the moment. I didn't go to the match last night because it would have taken up over 8 hours to get from windsor to brighton and see the albion. This is getting insane!!!

How are the car parks near the amex? How long do they take to get out of. I've tried the park and rides & the trains and they don't work for me on late kick offs & mid week games.
Any ideas???

Before anyone slags me off as a newbie, i am a veteran of the goldstone and a season ticket holder throughout withdean and the amex years. I also drive down after work to catch the end of the first half on midweek games an option that has now gone.

would a groundshare with reading help?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Come on they tried to make the concourse attractive with art work and the outside views are ok from the WSU and ESU. Yes I would like carpets and bar stools!. It would have been great if they had turned the East Stand restraunt into a Surporters club decorated in Albion history!could have charged a small membership. That would please PB I bet they would have sold more food and drink before and after the game. It would also help with transport. I miss the Goldstone but love the Amex. Just need to get the right fans in the right place to help improve the atmosphere . No drums please.

D

Deleted member 22389

I live an hour and 45 minutes drive away from Brighton. With the nightmare parking restrictions I can no longer drive to Moulscoombe or Coldean and then run to the ground. That left me with with a journey of just over 2 hours and 5 door to door.

Yesterday I would have had to drive to Mithras House park up, and take about 30 mins getting to the ground and about 45 to an hour getting back to the Park and Ride.

I'm working up north at the moment and only have about 36 hours at home with the family at the moment. I didn't go to the match last night because it would have taken up over 8 hours to get from Windsor to Brighton and see the Albion. THIS IS GETTING INSANE!!!

How are the car parks near the Amex? How long do they take to get out of. I've tried the park and rides & the trains and they don't work for me on late kick offs & mid week games.
Any ideas???

Before anyone slags me off as a newbie, I am a veteran of the Goldstone and a season ticket holder throughout Withdean and The Amex years. I also drive down after work to catch the end of the first half on midweek games an option that has now gone.

You might be better off driving to somewhere like Peacehaven, parking up and then gettting on one of the Seagulls Travel buses. It's £4.75 return. I know Peacehaven is even further out of your way but it would certainly stop the need for queuing to get on trains and the buses at the end of the match. It takes around 45 mins to get back to Peacehaven on an evening match and about the same for a normal match. If it's the hassle you hate, then this would be a lot easier for you. In Peacehaven they have a large car park by the cliff top, its FREE to park for up to 12 Hours, nobody hardly uses it. It's a 5 min walk to the bus as well. Very easy.

I have also seen Parking available just at the entrance of Falmer Village. I don't know how much this costs, but it might be worth it for a quick getaway.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Any ideas???

I know it's expensive but it's £13 to park at the car park at BACA (Falmer school)...you can buy tickets online on the ticketing website.

For the hassle you had yesterday it's probably well worth you paying this.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Drive to somewhere within the free travel zone that has easier parking and get the train?

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
You might be better off driving to somewhere like Peacehaven, parking up and then gettting on one of the Seagulls Travel buses. It's £4.75 return. I know Peacehaven is even further out of your way but it would certainly stop the need for queuing to get on trains and the buses at the end of the match. It takes around 45 mins to get back to Peacehaven on an evening match and about the same for a normal match. If it's the hassle you hate, then this would be a lot easier.

I have also seen Parking available just at the entrance of Falmer Village. I don't know how much this costs, but it might be worth it for a quick getaway.

Or perhaps fan's bus from somewhere closer to A23 such as Hassocks

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Not the Albion's fault you choose to live far from the ground - perhaps try moving house if it's that important?! Or just try away games. Maybe try looking at parkatmyhouse.com or similar websites to see if any locals will rent you their drive/space for each game?

D

Deleted member 22389

Didn't know they did one, so yeah even better for him.

Teddy Maybank

Feb 23, 2009
I know it's expensive but it's £13 to park at the car park at BACA (Falmer school)...you can buy tickets online on the ticketing website.

For the hassle you had yesterday it's probably well worth you paying this.

Thanks for suggestions

Think I will try using Falmer car park next. Anyone used it? Anyone know how long it takes to get out.

Teddy Maybank

Feb 23, 2009
Not the Albion's fault you choose to live far from the ground - perhaps try moving house if it's that important?! Or just try away games. Maybe try looking at parkatmyhouse.com or similar websites to see if any locals will rent you their drive/space for each game?

Ive asked the wife and kids. The kids don't want to change their school and the mrs doesn't fancy giving up her job. They are also not that keen on moving away from all their mates.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I drive from the Midlands, park just off the A23 on the edge of Brighton, whip my bike out of the car and cycle to the Amex. Get back to the car before most of you have reached Brighton station/ park and ride etc. Don't say you're too old (or infirm) to cycle - I've also got a bus pass !

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You drive to Lewes and it's 5 minutes on the train. They run about every 10 to 15 minutes.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Drive to somewhere within the free travel zone that has easier parking and get the train?

If I drive from Devon I park at Lancing and get the train in, common sense really if you ask me
Also a few pubs like The Ladies Mile and The Long Man lay on buses for punters to and from the ground for the price of a couple of pints in the pub

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Or drive to anywhere within the free travel zone and take a public bus. It's completely free then.

I drive from swindon and park at haywards Heath station £4 Saturdays £5.50 weekdays
Plenty of trains to Brighton then falmer.

Swindon to HH about 2 hours. HH TO falmer about 1 hour.
Same return and I don't ever leave before final whistle.

I think HH is start of the free travel

I have tried many options but this seems the best.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Or drive to anywhere within the free travel zone and take a public bus. It's completely free then.
Definitely think that's what's happening; for the last two home games we've noticed an increase in cars parked round the Fiveways area. I know there's gas works and the new parking zones but there's been a definite spike in the number of cars when the Albion have played at home. Plus there's been a general increase in traffic in Ditchling Road as people, as requested, have stopped driving into Brighton along Lewes Road!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here