Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

55% possession, 21 shots - 3 on target, tells a story?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
The difference yesterday was clearly our fire power, or lack of to be more accurate. We are creating far more chances with the attacking style than under Gus but have less control over games because some of the players just aren't up to the quick passing style OG wants to play. Too many passes straight to the opposition as some of the players don't have the first touch ability required, and when we do get forward either the final ball/set play is lacking, or the finish isn't there.

I'm a big fan of OG and in many ways yesterday's game was great entertainment, but I feel with the players available that a more balanced approach is required if we are to have a better chance this season. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that. Too many times over the last few games the ball has gone in the air because players are trying the killer pass before the ball is under control. One touch is great, but sometimes we need two or three, especially until we have the likes of Orlandi and Bridcutt back and fit.

As for the strike force, well what hasn't already been said on that front. If we don't get a decent loan or two in then we'll have to tighten up at the back because we won't have a chance of getting back in the game or getting a comfortable enough cushion against decent attacking sides with proven goal scorers.

We've been incredibly unlucky so far with injuries, who knows where we'd be with a fully fit squad. But we need to deal with the reality of where we are and what we have available now if we're to prevent a slide into a dangerously uncomfortable position this early. Suffice to say, the Yeovil game, and what happens off the field before then, is now massive.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
It's our Final Ball that continues to be the problem. Build up play was good yesterday but the killer pass was (is) never delivered. Two or three free kicks in the second half were floated onto the heads of Forest players when a square ball might have seen a shot from Andrews or Crofts. We are Goal shy because of shit final balls.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Same as Sheffield Wednesday we had the chances to take control of the game but did not take them. We are not clinical in front of goal whereas forest were ruthless with their finishing.

At this level you need to take your chances or be punished

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
it shows that we arent quite as bad as some make out...its n that final third that we lack quality with the team we can out out at the moment..especially in the penalty box

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The difference yesterday was clearly our fire power, or lack of to be more accurate. We are creating far more chances with the attacking style than under Gus but have less control over games because some of the players just aren't up to the quick passing style OG wants to play. Too many passes straight to the opposition as some of the players don't have the first touch ability required, and when we do get forward either the final ball/set play is lacking, or the finish isn't there.

I'm a big fan of OG and in many ways yesterday's game was great entertainment, but I feel with the players available that a more balanced approach is required if we are to have a better chance this season. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that. Too many times over the last few games the ball has gone in the air because players are trying the killer pass before the ball is under control. One touch is great, but sometimes we need two or three, especially until we have the likes of Orlandi and Bridcutt back and fit.

As for the strike force, well what hasn't already been said on that front. If we don't get a decent loan or two in then we'll have to tighten up at the back because we won't have a chance of getting back in the game or getting a comfortable enough cushion against decent attacking sides with proven goal scorers.

We've been incredibly unlucky so far with injuries, who knows where we'd be with a fully fit squad. But we need to deal with the reality of where we are and what we have available now if we're to prevent a slide into a dangerously uncomfortable position this early. Suffice to say, the Yeovil game, and what happens off the field before then, is now massive.

THIS!

Can't believe I bothered writing a blog post of the game when I could have just linked to this post. Spot on for me.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Until we start taking our chances we will be punished by other teams.

Barnes free header, Calderons header and the chance we had straight after they scored their first are examples. We need to be more ruthless and it comes down to much more than just needing a striker... We need to all of our players to step up.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Until we start taking our chances we will be punished by other teams.

Barnes free header, Calderons header and the chance we had straight after they scored their first are examples. We need to be more ruthless and it comes down to much more than just needing a striker... We need to all of our players to step up.

This for sure

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here