Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

stadium help please oh Wonderful NSC peeps

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
We have 3xSeason tickets in the WSL and have a healthy "loud" passion for the albion as well as a number of those who sit behind us. We join in most chants, and even at times will try and start our own.

This season it appears that at least one of our "fellow" (and I use this term loosely) season ticket holders in our general area has been making complaints about how loud we are, as well as swearing etc. apparently the stewards have received phone calls as well as letters and emails in complaint.

Now I'm all for making sure that nothing we do can be mistaken for homophobic, racist or general insulting comments, and we always comment on the overuse of the C-bomb if it occurs, as we have a number of children who sit near us.

Now thought it appears that our little "loud" contingent is at threat by those who wish to enjoy their football in a quiet sanitised environment. It appears that two of our loud contingent who sit behind me are being forced to move to the North Stand.

We're going to counter this complaint by raising a petition at the next home game, and getting all those around us to sign it to say that we want to keep this "loud" contingent. I would, however, expect this to fall on deaf ears, and the Stadium Manager to proceed with their draconian attempts to ensure the West Stand becomes the "Library" that the pro-sanitary contingent want It to become.

It's such a shame that I, and others, are unable to be honestly passionate about our club in the 90 minutes that we are given at our new stadium. After this situation I can honestly say that the Amex honeymoon period for me is well and truly over, and I very much doubt that I shall be renewing my season ticket next year.

A sad day. :-(

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I very much doubt that I shall be renewing my season ticket next year.

The club really do need to realise that passion is an essential element of professional football. Maybe they should move the complainers to the East Stand instead?

I'm in West Lower, count me in for your petition, just let me know where you will be next home game.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Nothing wrong with a bit of chanting and passion but if it's swearing and generally acting like a knob there are a lot of kids in this area, and having my kids with me I would not appreciate it. Only getting your side of it, but IMO for stewards or officials to be involved shows you may be out of order.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We have 3xSeason tickets in the WSL and have a healthy "loud" passion for the albion as well as a number of those who sit behind us. We join in most chants, and even at times will try and start our own.

This season it appears that at least one of our "fellow" (and I use this term loosely) season ticket holders in our general area has been making complaints about how loud we are, as well as swearing etc. apparently the stewards have received phone calls as well as letters and emails in complaint.

Now I'm all for making sure that nothing we do can be mistaken for homophobic, racist or general insulting comments, and we always comment on the overuse of the C-bomb if it occurs, as we have a number of children who sit near us.

Now thought it appears that our little "loud" contingent is at threat by those who wish to enjoy their football in a quiet sanitised environment. It appears that two of our loud contingent who sit behind me are being forced to move to the North Stand.

We're going to counter this complaint by raising a petition at the next home game, and getting all those around us to sign it to say that we want to keep this "loud" contingent. I would, however, expect this to fall on deaf ears, and the Stadium Manager to proceed with their draconian attempts to ensure the West Stand becomes the "Library" that the pro-sanitary contingent want It to become.

It's such a shame that I, and others, are unable to be honestly passionate about our club in the 90 minutes that we are given at our new stadium. After this situation I can honestly say that the Amex honeymoon period for me is well and truly over, and I very much doubt that I shall be renewing my season ticket next year.

Oscar after the game:

"I'm proud of how we are playing. It's significant that the ground is full and I'm proud of the fans and the way they supported the team all the time despite the bad result.
I'm also proud to be the coach of Brighton. The fans support the players and the team. They know we play attractive football but the black point is we don't score."

Well he won't be saying that if the stewards kill the atmosphere will he?

a) There's a family stand
b) It's football, not the ballet FFS.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The West Stand used to be very vocal. Sadly it is now a lot quieter. It will get a lot quieter if people like the complainer get their way.
If you are in the vicinity of the NS, i will sign your petition, i daresay Oscar would sign it as well.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have noticed the wsu used to be very loud from the north stand but for some reason that doesn't seem to be the case.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Nothing wrong with a bit of chanting and passion but if it's swearing and generally acting like a knob there are a lot of kids in this area, and having my kids with me I would not appreciate it. Only getting your side of it, but IMO for stewards or officials to be involved shows you may be out of order.

I can assure you that we most certainly do not act like knobs. There have been moments in the 3 years where we may have been "over enthusiastic" but it is not the norm.

You say you have kids in the WSL, is this through choice, or were there not enough seats in the family stand?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Perhaps the club could supply ear-plugs to those supporters of delicate nature.

I do despair sometimes. It's a flippin' football stadium FFS. What on earth are some people doing going to a game if they don't like people shouting?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Its what they are shouting,they don't realise that a majority of supporters don't use this type of language at home and don't want their wife and children embaressed when they attend a match, full marks to the stewards who take action.

Dec 29, 2011
Its what they are shouting,they don't realise that a majority of supporters don't use this type of language at home and don't want their wife and children embaressed when they attend a match, full marks to the stewards who take action.

There's a family stand for a reason. How about, instead of moving people who like to make a bit of noise, we move the precious people to the east stand.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Please go and do something else on a Saturday afternoon, or any other kick off time. It is people like you that are spoiling football.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I have noticed the wsu used to be very loud from the north stand but for some reason that doesn't seem to be the case.

I have noticed the North Stand used to be very loud from the WSU but for some reason that now doesn't seem to be the case.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

What absolute nonsense. Firstly, unless you're prepared to back that up with examples of what they say (the filter here will star it out so it need not offend your fragile eyes for more than a second) and evidence they use it then it's meaningless.

Secondly I took my 6 year old yesterday and next to me was a family group. We all joined in with the chants. When the ref made a couple of bad decisions he wasn't in the least embarrassed by the language and neither were the 3 ladies near me. It was instant and visceral and part of the experience.

If these guys are standing up all game yelling the c word every five minutes I'd expect the stewards to have ejected them by now. Stop getting offended on behalf of others petal.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
What absolute nonsense. Firstly, unless you're prepared to back that up with examples of what they say (the filter here will star it out so it need not offend your fragile eyes for more than a second) and evidence they use it then it's meaningless.

Secondly I took my 6 year old yesterday and next to me was a family group. We all joined in with the chants. When the ref made a couple of bad decisions he wasn't in the least embarrassed by the language and neither were the 3 ladies near me. It was instant and visceral and part of the experience.

If these guys are standing up all game yelling the c word every five minutes I'd expect the stewards to have ejected them by now. Stop getting offended on behalf of others petal.

Agree with all of this.
I have been taking my sons to matches since they were small, my youngest is 10 and we hear a bit of swearing now and again and I am not offended.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
You here worse language at paimary school than you do at football!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here