Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russell Slade's performance August- November 2009 and Blooms imminent return to OZ

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

Compared with what is happening now.

Bloom will want to be back and settled in OZ by the end of November, until Cheltenham.

I am sure he is giving his trigger finger a waggle for practice as we speak.

Ironically look at Slade now!!

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London

Bloom will want to be back and settled in OZ by the end of November, until Cheltenham.

Sorry? You think what is happening now is like when Slade had us losing 7-1 to Huddersfield and flirting with the League One trap door? If you REALLY believe that then you are mental.

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

Sorry? You think what os happening now is like when Slade had us losing 7-1 to Huddersfield and flirting with the League One trap door? If you REALLY believe that then you are mental.

What's OS? Outstanding?

Just making a comparison.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Russell Slade's performance August- November 2009 and Blooms imminent return ...

There's no doubt that Slade is having a good start to the season at Orient, but there's no way we would be the team we are now with him still in charge.
For saving us from certain relegation that year, I have a lot of respect for RS, but I really wouldn't want him as our manager now.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Your not just making a comparison though are you. You are suggesting that Bloom may sack OG like he did Slade. I am saying your mental if you think that. But I suspect your having bubble based on your other posts recently.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
For comparisons sake:

Slade 2009 until he got sacked

P15 W3 D5 L7 F18 A27 Points per game 0.93

Oscar this season

P11 W3 D4 L4 F11 A12 Points per game 1.18

So Oscar is going along at .25 points per game more than Slade in a higher league. Nowhere near being sacked, obviously.

D

Deleted User X18H

The comparison, for those too JCL to understand, is that Slade was SACKED 3 months into a 3 YEAR contract, and had a similar record to the one Garcia is (under) achieving at the moment.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If it wasn't for the injury list, I would be very unhappy with OG.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Russell Slade's performance August- November 2009 and Blooms imminent return ...

The comparison, for those too JCL to understand, is that Slade was SACKED 3 months into a 3 YEAR contract, and had a similar record to the one Garcia is (under) achieving at the moment.

But, if my memory serves me correctly, Slade wasn't actually Bloom's manager. He was appointed by DK. Understandable that, when TB took over, he would want to appoint his own man. He did that with Gus Poyet and that turned out alright for 3 years. Garcia is TB's man and I have every faith that he will turn out to be the right man.

D

Deleted User X18H

But, if my memory serves me correctly, Slade wasn't actually Bloom's manager. He was appointed by DK. Understandable that, when TB took over, he would want to appoint his own man. He did that with Gus Poyet and that turned out alright for 3 years. Garcia is TB's man and I have every faith that he will turn out to be the right man.

Yes but only until the end of the 2008/9 season.

Bloom made the decison to renew his contract for 3 years in June 2009.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

what the fukk are you on about...? different league these days ...!

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant

Yes but only until the end of the 2008/9 season.

Bloom made the decison to renew his contract for 3 years in June 2009.

Would have been a bit rude not to, after performing the great escape. However, the poor start to the following season meant action was needed. Like I said, great respect to RS for saving us from league two, and all it's associated dark, muddy northern gaffs, but he's really not the man to be managing the new Brighton and Hove Albion in the championship.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Bloom on radio yesterday saying that Oscar is doing a fantastic job considering we have many key players out.

Nice to hear our chairman being realistic and sensible.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Russell Slade's performance August- November 2009 and Blooms imminent return to

Bloom on radio yesterday saying that Oscar is doing a fantastic job considering we have many key players out.

Well he's hardly going to say he's doing crap.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Can't be doing with getting involved in a pathetic thread, but is there a link to what Bloom said on the radio from yesterday? Not just on Oscar but things generally

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove

Difference ebing that Bloom did not employ Slade. Or was at least not chairman.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here