Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Performance Tonight (positive thread!)

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I thought the boys worked hard and gave it everything this evening. I can't fault the effort at all.

We were just undone by poor decision making when it counted and by not being as good as Forest.

Proud of the lads today. Roll on next week.

:albion2:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Yeovil is now a really important game. Shows that we have gone backwards though as we finished above Forest last season. We may have played better than on Tuesday night but we lost a game at home again. So far this season, we have lost two at home and scrapped 2 draws with late equalisers. Sorry to not be more positive, but it's not good enough.

Fan4fifty

May 17, 2013
Positives about the match : Lua Lua, Big Pole & someone has trained the ball boys to do their job properly !

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I thought we were superb first half against one of the teams that (very questionably) has spent loads this season. As usual, with more cutting edge we could have been in a more commanding position, albeit thanks to Tommy's saves, but you expect a few scary moments in big games. With a fully fit squad, I don't see why we wouldn't have won against a team that should be in the top 6 in May.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Blimey. If it wasn't for pig's superb saves we would have gone in 3 down at half time. Yes we played some good stuff but I felt we went down hill from about the time we scored.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
We played ok. Game changed in the few minutes we hit the post and missed a sitter. They were then ruthless scored 1 an got a penalty. Much better than the other night. The fact the squad is so thin on the ground is really starting to take its toll. I ternational break has come at a decent time for us.

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013
I thought we were superb first half against one of the teams that (very questionably) has spent loads this season. As usual, with more cutting edge we could have been in a more commanding position, albeit thanks to Tommy's saves, but you expect a few scary moments in big games. With a fully fit squad, I don't see why we wouldn't have won against a team that should be in the top 6 in May.

Totally this.. the great shame is that had we won we would have been just outside the play offs. Its the injurys and suspensions thats killing us. The absolute priority now is a quality striker or two on loan. I cant see Ulloa being match fit until late December.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If you'd stripped Forest of their strikers as well we would have won, end of. UTA, med-long term the only way is up!!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Blimey. If it wasn't for pig's superb saves we would have gone in 3 down at half time. Yes we played some good stuff but I felt we went down hill from about the time we scored.

As usual, you watched a different game to me. 15 minutes of shocking defending aside, there was nothing in it for much of the match. Forest had the edge on class which would be expected with Orlandi, Ulloa and Bridcutt unavailable.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Caskey is better than every one of the 10 also runs that have pulled that shirt on since his fine debut run & disgraceful subsequent isolation. If fit he should start every game

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I didn't expect us to win but thought we played well for a depleted team against one of the top sides in the division. 3-1 flattered them a bit but they were very strong in attack. I liked the way we continued to play a quick passing game even at 3-1 down.

We played a LOT worse against Wednesday and, by all accounts, Ipswich.

Be patient, people, and look at the bigger picture. There is no crisis.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As usual, you watched a different game to me. 15 minutes of shocking defending aside, there was nothing in it for much of the match. Forest had the edge on class which would be expected with Orlandi, Ulloa and Bridcutt unavailable.

It's all about opinions

East Stand Iron

Oct 2, 2013
I agree with this, Forest are a good side with a massive squad. If the defence had not been so careless for the opening ten minutes of the second half then they could have got something out of this. Massive improvement from Tuesday night on and off the pitch.

I didn't expect us to win but thought we played well for a depleted team against one of the top sides in the division. 3-1 flattered them a bit but they were very strong in attack. I liked the way we continued to play a quick passing game even at 3-1 down.

We played a LOT worse against Wednesday and, by all accounts, Ipswich.

Be patient, people, and look at the bigger picture. There is no crisis.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Apart from the result, I was feeling very positive about the game when I left the stadium.
I really enjoyed the game even if we lost because the team gave their all for the whole game. When Poyet was the manager, heads would drop when we went a goal down, but under Oscar, the players kept their heads up and showed they wanted the ball. Also, the players are running for the ball a lot more now. Barnes must have ran miles chasing the ball up front. And I also liked the midfield three.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
I was feeling ok walking out as well , thought we lost to a good side, not a great one, but they deserved their win, they have some very good players. Positives were that Lua Lua is at last given a chance and he looks a real
Threat. Sorry I know I am not a Barnes lover for his previous antics, but admit he has done better this year, but was was back to his awful attitude on Saturday, sulking, moaning, diving. It makes me laugh when people say he works hard, he does not, watch him, he is lazy. Compare him to Lua Lua, he worked his socks off. I know we don't have many options up front, but Barnes is simply not good enough and Saturday game summed him up for me.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
As an East Stander I can say that Ward had a terrific first half. A number of key defensive interventions, a sweet ball down the line to pick out a great cross run from Buckley and generally kept the ball very well. I just wish he could get some decent crosses in, when he gets forward.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here